Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've had a crush on a girl for the past year or so. But I've been reluctant to

ask her out, because

ONE my damned skin!

TWO she comes into my work very often to buy things for her school, and I didn't want to make things

awkward if she turned me down

Well, thanks to my skin, I've missed my chance to do anything about my lust for her

because today, I saw a guy drop something off for her in the parking lot, and to seal

the deal, they gave each other a kiss goodbye.

This floored me! :doubt: As I was set on FINALLY asking her out, I had to witness this. I guess it's a good

thing that I saw it; saved myself some embarassment. But still, I was getting ahead of myself

and imagining us really hitting it off, etc etc

I had to write this somewhere, as I do not keep a journal. Thank you, org.

Now, I'm just hoping to witness her slapping

this guy in public somewhere; this is when I'll have to make my move.

i think the state of your skin is a valid reason... Somehow, I would rather be on the safe side and not ask a girl out knowing i have bad skin (I still have).

But to try and ask her out only to be rejected and IF she gives a reason saying something about the state of my skin, i would be in a deep deep depression... so sometimes its better to be on the safe side, than for someone to comment on something you already knew that would make you sad...

ONE my damned skin!

Invalid reason, try again.

[quote}Just ask her if she wants to buy you a cup of coffee, get her number, make her put your number in her cellphone, or she won't pick up when you call, and be the first to leave after 20 minutes because you're a busy person.

Now you have her phone number and a free coffee.

Now, I'm just hoping to witness her slapping

this guy in public somewhere; this is when I'll have to make my move.

ONE my damned skin!

Invalid reason, try again.

[quote}Just ask her if she wants to buy you a cup of coffee, get her number, make her put your number in her cellphone, or she won't pick up when you call, and be the first to leave after 20 minutes because you're a busy person.

Now you have her phone number and a free coffee.

That is just bad advice. One, don't EVER ask a girl to buy YOU something. That's just insulting. You don't tell friends to buy you stuff, why would you tell a girl you barely know to do that?

I simply expressed my opinion. I do not carry grudges and I have no idea what you may have "bashed my e-girlfriend" about, whatever that means. The advice you gave to this person is to be fake - to leave early just to "play it cool" or whatever. To be pushy - to force your number upon a girl when she may not want it, or to make her buy you something instead of the other way around. I am a girl, and a nice one at that, and I can tell you that all those things would not work for me.

A guy asks for my number, I give it if I am interested. I do not want him to force his number upon me, that comes across as controlling and possessive. The usual trick with guys that do this is for the guy to say "ok let me call you so you have mine". And I say trick, because this is a fast way for him to make sure you didn't lie to him, and for him to watch you save his number. Now I may not nix him automatically for doing this, but it will definitely make me put my guard up and be careful in how I proceed with him. Now he might say "would you like my number?", to which I would usually reply with "sure". But that's asking, not forcing me to put it in my cell phone. And if I am in an atmosphere where I have just me them and only know enough about them to gauge initial interest and decide if they are a good guy or not (a club, for instance), I prefer that the man not even ask, and just give me a call.

And I don't put a time limit on dates. It all depends on how it goes. I don't automatically limit my first contact to an arbitrary amount of time. Most people don't like to play games like that. Most people want to see the real you so they can get to know you. No games. It's a turn off.

Oh and if any man asked me to buy HIM something on a first date, I would never see him again. Period. End of story. He asked me out, why would he expect me to pay? Very insulting.

So I am simply expressing my opinion from a girl's point of view, and I just honestly thought that was very bad advice. No intent to offend you, just expressing my opinion.

LostCause- so when you said:

"Just ask her if she wants to buy you a cup of coffee" , you meant "ask her out for coffee".

And when you said:

"make her put your number in her cellphone" you meant "give her your number".

Sorry, but how can you get mad at someone for interpreting your advice as it was written? Sarcasm and irony do not translate well even with emoticons (which you left out).

Can you understand how maybe your advice sounded a little off?

And I just plain don't agree with the "be the first to leave after 20 minutes" or any other type of "love game". But that's just my opinion. People can disagree with one another without resorting to personal attacks ("depressed housewife"? Come on man, that was low.)

And to orangepeel (let's get back on track huh? :) ) I would continue to be nice to her, but start looking elsewhere. And don't think of it as if you blew it- for all you know she could have been going out with that guy all along. Just remind yourself of this the next time you feel like putting that kind of thing off.

not to bash anyone but girls giving guys advice on women general = bad bad bad

my favorite quote of all time

"when you want to catch a fish who do you ask? The fish or the fisherman?"

you don't ask fish how to catch other fish you ask FISHERMAN!

honostly when you get the girls number nothing wrong with calling it just say theirs mine number so you recognize its me. badda bing badda boom then leave. I agree with once your on the date be the first to leave afterall you want her to want more. AND because you increase your chances of saying something stupid the longer you stay. keep it short sweet and on a high note.

one more thing if you ask for date you should pay

not to bash anyone but girls giving guys advice on women general = bad bad bad

my favorite quote of all time

"when you want to catch a fish who do you ask? The fish or the fisherman?"

you don't ask fish how to catch other fish you ask FISHERMAN!

Sorry, but how can you get mad at someone for interpreting your advice as it was written?

Stop using circular logic, I can only get mad at her for her interpreting something in her way, but I don't, which is why I explained it all in my second post, thanks for asking.

Oh and, personal attacks?

That is just bad advice.

Wow, that's solid.

is just dumb.

Again.

And you may have her phone number but you will probably not get a free coffee or a relationship...EVER.

That's enough I think, this sounds fair to you? Does she not miss something like with all her other "arguments", something that I do include that thing called reasoning? Oh yeah.

This could go on forever. So lets put it to rest.

One...I am sorry if it was too blunt or harsh. I apologize. Can we get back to the original poster's questions? I was just completely taken aback by the advice I read and I responded accordingly. I had never heard of that kind of dating logic before and it made no sense to me. I simply wanted to express my opinion about it.

Two...personal attacks were not meant on my part (as I have said already) and I would appreciate none purposely coming towards me.

Three...Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Four...let's have a good Sunday everyone!