Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mouse

low dose accutane

i had mild to moderate acne. My acne was very persistent but never cystic. Anyways, I was on accutane for 6 months. 40 for the first 60 for four months then finally 80 for my last month. I only weigh about 130 lbs. My acne relapsed during my final week on accutane! (while i was still on the medication) And it continued on just as it was before.

My question is, does anyone have any experience with low dose accutane? LIke maybe 20 mg a day or something and what were the results? Was there any side effects like blushing of the face?

I was on 20 mg for 2 months and 40 mg for 5 months, i havent had a zit since October, but with respect to my weight (110 pounds) i don't think my system could handle anymore than that. I am now off accutane and 40 mg cleared me completely.

Im 67 KG (148 pounds) and i'm on 30mg a day. I have been on this for 1 month and the spots are still there and so are the cysts. I do get dryish lips. I feel i may need a slightly higher dosgae to help my acne to clear (it was diagnosed as moderate to severe). It gets to me that you can't see improvements, be patient is the hardest thing!

L8rz