Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brynf_uk

if you could...would you start over again?

I mean given the chance, would you go back to the very beginning and just live your life again differently? (assuming you remembered the mistakes you made before ;) )?

i sure would :(

I probably would.

Not that I'm dissatisfied with how I've led my life and how it is now, but I would definitley want to relive my life and not make the same mistakes again.

And it's not like you'll be losing out on experiences, you'll still be learning on your mistakes since you remember them.

No I wouldn't. Everything good or bad that happened to me made me

who I am now, and I think I'm wiser for the wear. There's nothing wrong

with making a mistake, don't we all?

Im a bit older than most of you here. If i could do it over with the knowledge and experience Ive gained over the years..Yes, I would most certainly do many things differently. Its a given. Why go thru the same crap twice? Just like the saying "hindsight is 20/20."

No. Your experiences make you who you are today.

I assume he means with the same experiences, or you'd probably do all the exact same stuff over again. And yes, of course I would, I wouldn't change anything about me as a person or any events leading up to it, because I like who am I. But I'd still do some stuff different, like start accutane on the first day of trouble so I'd be 100% scar free right now instead of having to wait at least another year (or 2). I'd do better in school because obviously I have the discipline now to do the work unlike then, and so on. So basically, I'd do the same thing but better, like everything you do twice.

No. Your experiences make you who you are today.

That's unfairly assuming you actually like who you are today! If you see life as a way of taking a test, who wouldn't want to go back and take it over once they knew what they'd gotten wrong!? Even if I left everything the same I sure as heck would change how I orignially and ignorantly treated my acne! Then I might actually be clear today!

I used to think I'd go back and relive my life or certain parts of it and make different decisions.

Now: I do realize that who I am and what I've become isn't so bad after all and I wouldn't be that if I'd done things differently or made different choices than the ones I did.

If I had not made some of the decisions I did make, I never would have learned enough to meet my husband and marry him. He is the best thing in the world and I truly do thank God for meeting him. Corny, I know but it is true.

This is why they say 'the older the wiser'.

Listen to your elders they have been there done that and they are trying to save you from the despair of going through what they did. Unfortunately it's only when we get older that we pay attention to their wise words.

Ya, probably try to be a bit more outgoing and maybe do better in school and try to not make some of the same mistakes I have, I guess I can improve on two of those things anyways.

Yah, I wanna live my early teens again, I was such a pussy bitch kid back then....the kind of kid that got pushed around and no one gave a shit about, and all I did everyday was play computer games. FUCK if I saw my old self right now, I would probably beat the shit out of myself up.

There are certain events that I'd like to redo, but overall, I'd be bored to tears. Imagine how boring it is for an applied science grad to have to sit through learning about counting, adding, subtracting and multiplying? Or how about a published author to have to learn how to spell "bee" all over again? I'd probably be even more qualified to teach math and science than the teachers are. It would be somewhat satisfying to play games with everyone and then show them just how much I know, but that would get old fast.

If I could choose at which point I could start again, say, at the beginning of university, maybe I would. Uni is certainly challenging enough not to be bored and I could use my prior knowledge to spend less time studying and more time enjoying the scenery (so to speak).

i would only relive very specific moments, like the night i lost my wallet or passport, or the day i decided i didn't want braces, i'd also retake all my exams and revise like fuck to get better grades, but ce leve because i can't do that, i'm fairly content with what i've done.

I'd pick and choose what I'd be able to do over again as well, not that it answers the OP's question.

I'd relive my marriage and the birth of my boys. Nothing holds a candle to those things. I would relive them a million times over.