Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ice.cream

If we don't want to pay taxes

If we don't want to pay duty in customs, can the products be shipped and sent as "gift"? This way, no duty will be charged. I'm sure many Canadian customers would appreciate it.

If we don't want to pay duty in customs, can the products be shipped and sent as "gift"? This way, no duty will be charged. I'm sure many Canadian customers would appreciate it.

only "unsolicited gift" under $60 canadian is tax exempt. yes it sucks!

I don't get it! According to NAFTA regs (and I even called border services to confirm this), we do not have to pay duty on American-made (or Mexican-made goods). We would have to pay duty on goods that we buy from the U.S. that are made elsewhere (China, for instance) but this is not the case for DKR products. The most you would have to pay is a $5 inspection fee and GST/PST. If they do charge duties, there is recourse you can take to have it refunded. I'm not sure how it works as I have yet to order DKR products but apparently, this is the case.

See my note about Processing Fees, GST, Duty, and Brokerage Fees.

Can't seem to get the URL link in the message board to work - you'll have to cut and paste

www.acne.org/messageboard/What-is-the-most-you-can-order-w-o-getting-hit-with-Customs-t128033.html

Asking Dan to mark a product you Bought as a Gift, would make him party to Fraud. If you funnel the shipment through a US friend, you might be able to get away with that. But then you'd pay shipping twice - Dan to Friend, then Friend to You.