Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Protoman

A Couple Questions...

Hey All,

I've started the Regimen, but so far no luck. Been on and off it for about 2 weeks, but I'm getting me next order of BP soon, and that's when I'll start this for real. A couple questions though.

-BP doesn't dry my skin. Is this normal for most people? No matter how much I put on, it doesn't seem to dry my skin. I can't tell if it's being absorbed, or if it's just a layer on my face. Also, since it doesn't seem to dry my face, do I need to use a moisturizer?

-I use a daily face wash. Apparently it's different from the leaser, but I'm not exactly sure how they're different. Could anyone explain what a cleanser does? From what I understand, my daily face wash washes the oils off my skin, and drys it so it's not so oily.

That's all the questions I have so far. Thanks to anyone who is willing to answer these. =)

`Proto

Well I'm just a new regime user too but I can tell you -I'm insanely jealous the BP doesn't give you dry skin. Sort of just move the BP around lightly with your finger tips, barely touching your skin, until the BP gets dry and tacky. Then wait 15 mins. That'll get it absorbed. Not sure about the cleanser.

I'm almost at 2 weeks too and I haven't seen any change either but I'm going to solider on :whistle: Best of luck to you

I have been on the regimen for almost three years now and I am clear 95% of the time...just the odd minor breakout occasionally.

It took me 3-4 months before I was completely clear. I almost gave up a few times thinking it was not working but I'm soooooo glad i didn't. I suffered with dry skin during those first few months but my skin gradually got used to the BP and went back to normal and has been ever since. Not sure if it is commonplace for BP to not dry people up initially but everyone is different so perhaps your skin can tolerate it better than most in those early stages...lucky you :-)

Maddy

I suffered with dry skin during those first few months but my skin gradually got used to the BP and went back to normal and has been ever since.

Ahhhh that line right there makes me incredibly happy :dance:

I've started the Regimen, but so far no luck. Been on and off it for about 2 weeks, but I'm getting me next order of BP soon, and that's when I'll start this for real. A couple questions though.

-BP doesn't dry my skin. Is this normal for most people? No matter how much I put on, it doesn't seem to dry my skin. I can't tell if it's being absorbed, or if it's just a layer on my face. Also, since it doesn't seem to dry my face, do I need to use a moisturizer?

Most people don't have big problems with dryness until they've been using the BP consistently for maybe 4-8 days, which is when the dryness kicks in and they start wishing they had a better moisturizer. I think the fact that you haven't been using the regimen consistently is what explains your skin's tolerance of BP thus far. Maybe you're really lucky and have resilient skin that won't dry out even with large amounts of 2.5%BP, but I think the dryness will catch up to you once you start using the regimen regularly. Even if you don't get extreme problems with flaking or anything like that, though, you still should have a moisturizer around to apply at least once a day, as BP does dehydrate your skin, even if you can't see symptoms.

-I use a daily face wash. Apparently it's different from the leaser, but I'm not exactly sure how they're different. Could anyone explain what a cleanser does? From what I understand, my daily face wash washes the oils off my skin, and drys it so it's not so oily.

Daily face wash and cleanser are the same thing, it's just whatever the company decides to call it. You should check the ingredients on yours, though, to make sure it's suitably gentle. Salicylic acid is a regimen cleanser no-no (dries out the skin too much), but it's very common in any kind of face wash marketed for acne-prone or oily skin. Other things you'll want to stay away from are alcohol or menthol (gives you a tingly feeling to make you think your skin has been cleansed, but it's just irritating your skin), and fragrance if you can avoid it.

Thanks for all the advice! I think that my skin is slightly resilient to BP, but if what you all say is true, I'm sure that my skin will dry soon. I just checked my cleanser and there's no salicylic acid, so that's good. I'd like to get DK's products, if my parents will let me. Probably just the cleanser though. Once again, thanks for all the help, I think I'll be off to a great start!

`Proto