Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alfonso

Acne Scars and Post-Acne Red Marks

After using Pro-Active, my acne has cleared up but I'm left with Acne Scars and post-acne marks I consulted with a cosmetic surgeon but they said they cant really treat these red marks because it means its in the process of healing. I think they might be permanent however. I'm wondering what works best to get rid of these red marks as well as acne scars. Would a laser peel cover both of my problems? What would be my best options considering my case? I want my skin and face to be clean, smooth, and clear as soon as possible. Please respond.

Red marks are temporary. And yes, that means your skin is healing and you should really just leave it alone. Just let your skin heal. The red marks should fade completely and the scars will improve in time. There is no quick fix. You need to wait at least a year before considering drastic scar treatments.

Yeah I think time is your best bet. The red marks are red for a reason, you're just healing. Doing something harsh may just make things worse in the long run.

MaMa lotion has helped my red marks a lot. The scars faded a lot within a month. Get some samples on eBay. That's how I got started. It works faster than many other stuff I've tried.

Yeah I think time is your best bet. The red marks are red for a reason, you're just healing. Doing something harsh may just make things worse in the long run.

MaMa lotion has helped my red marks a lot. The scars faded a lot within a month. Get some samples on eBay. That's how I got started. It works faster than many other stuff I've tried.

but did you get left with indented scars?

Do not waste your $ on MamaLotion unless you want to burn your skin. I purchased it last year and one thing they never tell you is that you are supposed to apply vaseline to the spot you want to treat prior to applying the lotion.

My saving grace has been Zincofax 40% cream. Its the stuff mothers use to apply to their babies bottoms to treat diaper rash. Its a thicker consistency so I just spot treat the areas at bedtime and place a towel on my pillowcase so that that I dont get any of the cream on the sheets. Last year in Dec I had tons of postacneic redmarks and after only one week they were all gone, thank you Jesus!