Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tenten

How long have you gone without going out?

I was just remembering my worst stage of acne where I now realise was a phobia more then anything where I didn't go anywhere for nearly a month...not even out the front door, It was awful....now I can be out everyday and not even think about it. Something made me more confident, I think it was getting a b/f.

What about you's? ever been a hermit before because of acne?

Yeah. Two summers ago, I went to spain with my parents as soon as school ended, and my skin got pretty bad there. When I came back, I started up an online game and put off calling my friends for as long as I could. I stayed inside for probably about two weeks, until one of my friends eventually called wondering if I was home for summer yet.

During those first two weeks though, I don't think I left the house, except to maybe read on the porch where no one saw me.

I go out most days. If I just sit in my apartment all day, I know I will just get more and more depressed. Ive suffered from severe depression and I seriously dont want to go through that EVER again

omg yes i can relate. my acne got me depressed and I ended up skipping a few days of high school and that got my dad really worried. He decided to take me to a psychiatrist. Since than I would have to say, I have gotten better, and so has my skin! I also saw your pics and unless it has significantly changed, you have nothing to worry about! Your skin looks good!

yeh i dont know the pics dont show the shallow scarring and everything unless you see the person in real life you can't really judge I had a very bad breakout on accutane too :( but yeh..If you are finding yourself stuck indoors for long periods of time....try to go to quiet places like the beach or parks etc once you are not socially mixing as much it actually makes you feel as though people are judging you more because you are so self concious.

This summer when i first got hit with the monstrosity I sport these days I would go out, but I wouldn't be seen. I went to movies that had no one in them, dense parks in spots off the beaten path, and this place called quarry lake where I would whittle or write on this shoreside boulder that no one knew how to get to but me. It's interesting how easy it is to become "invisible" if you want to.

I've never refrained from going out because of acne. I have responsibilities that require me to leave my apartment (namely, teaching, research and coursework). Even if I didn't, I still like to go outside.

Maybe two or three days max just because of my skin. I don't really like staying in that long though, it makes me feel worse.

The longest ever was six days, but it was due to being swollen and puffy from wisdom teeth extraction.

During the summer holidays this year, i went a week without going out because I was so upset with the state of my skin!! But i tend to feel better when i go out because i forget about my worries

I've spent most of my teenage years being a hermit. :doubt:

Through my early teens I would make appearances at school and when I absolutely had to, but other than that I wouldn't go out anywhere. Then at around 14-17 when my skin was at its absolute worst I struggled to even get out of the house at all. I would try (knowing that being inside day in day out was only making my depression worse) but when it came to leaving the safety of my room I would just bail out and choose to play computer games/read my days away. Probably the worst point was where my so-called best-friend didn't see me for upwards of 6 months, because I stopped going to school, wouldn't return her phone calls, emails, refused to be seen by anyone etc... things getting out of hand is probably quite an understatement actually..

Nowdays I still don't go out much unless I have to, I'm usually out everyday because of college but aside from that I prefer to be in my room most of the time. I like the outdoors, it's just social interaction that I despise and unfortunately it's hard to get away from that.

There are a couple of relatively safe places that are my havens though... rather than completely shut myself away inside these days, I'll talk a walk in the woods or spend a couple of hours in the library when I want to be out, but alone. It's nice to be out of my 'hardcore reclusive stage'. Them were dark days indeed. It's still kind of a shock to the system, being out and about again after so long cooped up away from the world... but I feel a lot better now that I'm getting out in the fresh air and experiencing the sunshine again. (yes, the sun does sometimes make an appearance in england . .)

I had one of those exceptionally crappy days last week and instead of huddling away inside I went out walking. All the leaves were falling about me and everything was bathed in gorgeous autumn colours, just as the sun was setting, it was really quite beautiful. And it was one of those moments where you can completely forget, or at least acknowledge but essentially dismiss, some of your more superficial problems. Whereas if I'd have stayed at home on the computer my mood would have probably spiralled into gloomier depths.

So, the moral of this long post is... I like the colour orange, it's nice.

Oh, and go outside. Get your bums off the computer chair now.

The past two weeks I have missed lots of social interactions. Usually I don't let my skin get me so down, but it has been so bad I have become recluse.

Well I have to work, 5 days a week, acne or no acne. I've never spent an entire weekend hiding at home because of my acne though, even when it was severe.

Um I'd have to say I missed everything from when I was 11 until now.

I'm not in any pictures, everyone has memories of all these great

times, and I don't have a clue what they're all talking about. :shrug:

It's okay though, I'm starting now, better late than never.

I was just remembering my worst stage of acne where I now realise was a phobia more then anything where I didn't go anywhere for nearly a month...not even out the front door, It was awful....now I can be out everyday and not even think about it. Something made me more confident, I think it was getting a b/f.

What about you's? ever been a hermit before because of acne?

yea during summer when it was the only chance I had to not go out. I just sat at home everyday. I drew a lot of pictures because I had so much anger building up inside. So I just listened to my soul music and drew. All my friends would call everyday that I used to hang with all the time. and I just couldn't answer the phone. I just couldn't. It hurt. Just cried on some days. Fought through some days without complaining. But life in the summer wasn't easy. But I never went out. I quit on everything. Football, my job, my friends, even my family life. just couldn't do it.

Just last november, I was so fucking depressed at that time, I barely went out, all I did was sleep, eat, watch TV and smoke away. All my friends were trying to call me and everything, some of them thought I ran away or I died....=O I felt so bad for not answering their calls and replying to their messages.