Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peachesncream

accutane and special treatment for celebs

okay so here's my rant, i think that u should be able to go on accutane even if u dont even have acne, even if u get like 1 comedone a month or 1 papule etc, i mean, plastic surgery is far more invasive and potentially lethal than accutane and no doctor denies u plastic surgery even if u dont "need" it for example, ur nose is already perfect or your boobs are already big and perky, it's YOUR INFORMED CHOICE and they should RESPECT your intelligence and right to make your own informed choices, I HATE how we civilians have to practically BEG our loser dermatologists to prescribe us even low dose accutane..nooo, that's asking for waaay too much, we have to endure months of topicals that dry out your skin, destroy your skin's protective abilities and TEMPORARILY reduce SYMPTOMS vs the TRUE CAUSE, leading to the derm saying "oh it's not severe enough for accutane now, have a nice day" and not only do u end up with scarring but your skin's structure and protective barrier is damaged/impaired and the psychological pain reduces the quality of your life to a mere existane. but if your a celebrity, you could be 13 yrs old with a few non inflamed comedones and u get all the accutane your little heart desires and you'll be lucky if u ever see a zit in your life again and dont have to worry about scarring or damaging your skin over months and months with stuff that dries your skin out and never touches the true cause but just the symptoms. i HATE the system, it is fundamentally flawed.

accutane really isn't that difficult to get for anyone who has acne, even if they aren't a celebrity. it is indicated for severe recalcitrant nodular acne, but most dermatologists hand it out like it's candy.

accutane really isn't that difficult to get for anyone who has acne, even if they aren't a celebrity. it is indicated for severe recalcitrant nodular acne, but most dermatologists hand it out like it's candy.

well u and i have definately had very different experiences