Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragon10

Make-up making me look weird?

I'm a guy who started getting acne a couple of years ago and it got worse along the way, so I resorted to what most girls would find "weird", I started to wear liquid foundation. I'm now clear from accutane. I took some looks at the pictures during the years of my acne experience and I realized that in the pictures of me wearing makeup I kinda look creepy. The most noticeable thing is my eyebrows, they slanted downward, making me look very weird, especially when I smiled. Not only that, but I also looked super shiny in all the pics of me wearing makeup. I don't know if I was wearing too much of it or what, I'm a guy so that's my excuse.

My acne is gone but I still have scars, and I still dread looking in the mirror.. since I still have this uneven skin tone all over my face. It would also seem like I loss some weight on face, (not the good kind).

I look back now (I don't wear any makeup anymore, but I still have some visible scarring and annoying red marks) and wonder if wearing makeup to cover up my imperfections was really worth it. It seemed like it at the time, because I was about the only kid in middle school to have a major acne problem. So this paranoia of having acne and being picked on, cause me to be all insecure and do stupid things.