Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roxy250

SA and Bp Please Read.. I think it will clear me 100%

I use dans regimen face wash twice a day and his bp only at nights. i feel like i need more exfoliation and i think sa 2% at night for a face wash will do the trick.. so its like

Morning- dans face wash../night sa face wash..jojoba oil then apply my bp. I have mild/moderate pustules and lately my facr is clearing alot i only have on average about 2-5 small pustules on my face with slight redness. You think this could totally control my pustules.. In the past i had success with sa but i was young and didn' follow any regimen closely.

I heard about overly drying.. but i been using bp for awhile now atleast 5 months and my skin is used to it.. If i use 2%salycic acid gently on my face i feel it will unclog pores and break down whiteheads.

Considering you don't use anything in the day, you could add in the SA then. Or, you could try using a moisturizer containing aha.

I use the St.Ives Blemish and blackhead control.. It works pretty good and is kinda gentle.. but do you think this will help me with my pustules.. i manage to only hav about 3-5 on my face..

I'm not sure if this will help you or not. I would not even bother to use dans face wash at night if you are washing already with a salaciyic acid face wash. I think that's over washing, the only thing I can tell you is that you just have to try it and see if it works for.

Why wouldn't you just try using Dan's BP twice a day? I think once you've adjusted to that, then you might find that you don't even need to use a different face wash at night.

If you're set on SA, though, I'd go down the route of using an SA leave-on treatment in the morning after cleansing, since you aren't doing anything then. Paula's Choice BHAs or Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Lotion are the two main products out there (at least until Dan's is released :D). A leave-on treatment is going to be more effective than a wash of the same strength, for sure.

I agree with cool as kim deal, but which SA is more effective, Paula's choice or Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense lotion? Also, I have neutrogena rapid clear acne defense face lotion from like 3 yrs. ago, will this still work or is it expired?