Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Helpless Romanic

Any one experience NO initial breakout?

Hey,I'm glad it's going well :)

I am on day 35 now and I experienced a kind of IB at about 2-3 weeks. I was on differin and doxy before accutane, and I think the differin had purged my skin quite a bit already, but due to coming off the doxy I seemed to get some pustules which I rarely got before. That seems to have stopped now and in general my skin seems to be gradually improving :) A lot of what I get at the moment seems to be redness from what are actually very small whiteheads, which I think is because my skin is so delicate atm!

Day 12 for me! Apart from nosebleeds to start the course and some fairly mild dryness of lips, the side effects aren't too bad at all. I have a litte triange of three healing lesions that I picked at on my forehead, but other than that, no active acne. The red marks aren't going away as they normally would, but I am fairly content with the way things are going so far.

Day 26...

No IB yet...but I have one new one forming and I think that its because of my period that just ended yesterday...but we will see...everything is going fine...I can deal with a few on my face...they heal nice, I guess thats the good thing...I will keep you updated on my IB status as the days progress...Hope to hear from anybody..tell us your experience so far!

You are very lucky if you haven't experienced the initial breakout. My acne wasn't horrible, and I went through pretty much a month and a half long initial breakout. It started at my forehead for a week, then went down to the sides of my eyes, then cheeks, and so on. It was strange. I've gotten through the whole thing and feel so much better. It's different for everyone, so consider yourself VERY lucky!!!

Day 29...

I have 2 active ones on my whole face at the moment...I am thinking that this is the start of the breakout maybe?? I am just hoping that it goes away for the hollidays...I want to be ME again! I am praying this is my chance...please tell me that this has the ability to change lives...I am scared to death that even this, the most powerful acne drug, wont work...I am 18 and praying that this is it for me... any advice?? and about when does the IB go away...anthing would be very helpful!! ;)

Pill 30...

One month down...4 more to go....I am loving the results so far--YES, my skin is really dry.... and--YES, I still breakout here and there....--BUT, the breakouts are so easy to treat and they go away fast...so I am able to cover up with makeup...I have heard the first month is the worst and if this is my worst-- I can deal with it just fine! It should be smooth sailing from here...but we will just have to see..time will tell...my hopes are high...I just try to keep my head up...

The first time on accutane, I had the worlds record of the worst IB on the planet!

The second course: nothing :angel:

Went to the derm yesterday for my second packet of pills...the only thing is there were no pharmacies around here that had it in stock that day so I have to wait till monday...that takes me to 3 days without the tane...so you think that will be ok?? any advice please...

ALSO--my derm said that the first month is the worst and that I should gradually keep improving now...I am sooo excited...16 weeks to go... WOOHOO!! She increased my dosage to 30 MG twice a day...sooo that means 420 MG a week... that almost twice what I was before...when you up the dossage, does it increase a chance for a bad breakout to adjust??

I'm on day 7 and I haven't really had any real problems...I thought I was experiecing hair loss but it was my paranoia abotu that/

Strange thing though: my forehead and nose and my cheeks are lightly peeling, but my lips arent chapped or dry yet

Anyone else had thi shappen?

40mg x2 a day 5 months

**********Had to edit, as I had 80mg x2 a day listed...I don't have a death wish! lol*****

i didnt have an initial breakout. accutane severely chapped my lips, but cortibalm helped soooo much. i had a great experience with accutane, but unfortuantely my cysts are coming back after 3 months of stopping accutane :(

it was a miracle while it lasted though

I'm on day 7 and I haven't really had any real problems...I thought I was experiecing hair loss but it was my paranoia abotu that/

Strange thing though: my forehead and nose and my cheeks are lightly peeling, but my lips arent chapped or dry yet

Anyone else had thi shappen?

80mg x2 a day 5 months

I also have experienced more drying of the face, than lips...I think that it is a kind of normal thing..nothing to worry about-just moisturize with somthing that works for you! I am just loving this...since I started back onto my second month of pills- my skin is beginning to clear again...

I HAVE A QUESTION: because my derm increased my dosage to 60mg a day instead of 40mg...does my skin have the potential to break out more now to adjust to the increase??

It is now day 35 and I am pretty much clear...the biggest side effect is redness in my cheeks and forhead...not too much drying--BUT: I now do need daily moisturizer...and aquafer is becoming a necesity...I am doing great so far...I am so happy with the results...I cant wait to keep improving...

Hello! I just joined.... I'm starting low dose accutane today (just 10mg per day) for my mild but persistent acne. Was very concerned about IB but after reading some of the positive feedback from you all, I feel better. I've been on retin A for the past 2 months, so I hope the IB would be mild (if any)! :angel:

I am on day 51 and I havnt experienced any form of a breakout....I am finally clearing up and i am looking better every day...my face only seems to break out (like one or maybe 2 small ones) just that one time a month...I am experiencing a lot of redness but no other symptoms....please feel free to ask me anything about my treatment thus far...God Bless and merry christmas y'all!!

I am on day 51 and I havnt experienced any form of a breakout....I am finally clearing up and i am looking better every day...my face only seems to break out (like one or maybe 2 small ones) just that one time a month...I am experiencing a lot of redness but no other symptoms....please feel free to ask me anything about my treatment thus far...God Bless and merry christmas y'all!!