Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soul78

Anyone use a juicer?

I was thinking of buying a juicer? Anyone here use one and if so, what kinds of juices/fruits are best in fighting acne and clearing skin?

I was thinking about this one...comes with recipes and stuff too. What are your thoughts on this?

http://www.powerjuicer.com/

thanks

I've been juicing on and off for the past ten years or so.

I'm not sure that juicing alone has helped clear up my skin, but it sure does make one feel healthy and energetic. I have been following an Alkaline diet that has made my skin super clear and radiant. It does involve a non-acidic diet and drinking 1 liter of water for every 30 pounds you weigh. For more info check out the PH Miracle or Acid-Alkaline Diet.

I have a Hamilton Beach juicer that works quite well. My only complaint is that the opening is kind of small and requires cutting some veggies before juicing.

The veggies I juice most often (this is actually a green smoothie recipe): are lemons, limes, kale, broccoli, celery, cucumbers, then I throw the juice in a blender with a peeled avocado and a handful of spinach.

If I were you, I would just use a blender. This makes a thicker smoothy type drink. For some reason, I think the pulps of the fruits and vegetables is healthy (fibers).