Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Matheus

bye face acne, hello body acne

been through accutane twice. my face is looking great with just a little scarring. yet now i've gotten acne on my shoulders. i thought accutane would prevent that but it hasn't. a couple are big and look awful. now i can't wear a tank top without someone noticing. should i accept this nightmare will never end and i'll never be happy? i wanted to ask this guy out a couple months ago but it's not going to happen. i'll never get another boyfriend because i'll feel too worthless to show my body. :cry:

body is better than face cuz u can just wear clothes to cover it up. boo hoo you cant wear tank tops i mean come on there's worse things.

and anyway it's probably not impossible to get rid of that shoulder acne. how about some Benzoyl Peroxide?

Post edited 10/22/07 4:27pm after realizing I made a gender assumption...

I've personally found body acne to come and go pretty easily. I'd say just eat healthy, and avoid irritating it. I had a sort of acne rash at the top of my chest once, which looked pretty terrible, but it went away within a week or two.

You could always not wear tank tops for now. Wear like loose fitting shirts, and guys won't know whats underneath. You can still ask them out and everything, and if you're embarassed about the body acne, just put off the whole getting naked together part until you're comfortable about it. But also I don't think shoulders are a big deal really, I mean, I don't find them to be that popular of a spot to touch or kiss during intimate moments.

oh gosh, trust me, I am almost positive that no guy is going to care if you have some body acne! yes, they might notice, but I used to have some chest acne and not one boy made a peep about it. to be honest, if they're willing to take their clothes off in front of you, they're comfortable enough to feel vulnerable in exposing their own flaws. it's a mutual thing. plus, if they care that much, they're waaay too shallow. but I get the hopeless feeling. when you're just so close to being clear, and then something like that happens, it's pure crap. don't worry, it will fade. mine went away by just being hygienic and not treating it whatsoever. it is weird how your body repairs itself like that...

I know what you mean. I either have acne on my face, scalp, or upper back. It seems to move and I can't ever seem to have it completely gone - not even for a day.