Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alioz

Salicylic acid not working Pustules

After almost a year of not using salicylic acid I have started to use it again. While it works on the small flesh colored bumps which I think are papules, I noticed that salicylic acid does not work at all on pustules. Has anyone else had similar experience? :think:

After almost a year of not using salicylic acid I have started to use it again. While it works on the small flesh colored bumps which I think are papules, I noticed that salicylic acid does not work at all on pustules. Has anyone else had similar experience? :think:

Pustules need something that helps kill the acne bacteria - some OTC options are benzoyl peroxide or mandelic acid (which both unclogs pores and helps kill bacteria). some people also like tea tree oil, but I've not found it effective for my skin. If you are open to getting a prescription there are topical antibiotics like clindamycin that can help; Finacea is also really good - it kills bacteria, unclogs pores, and is anti-inflamatory (also helps reduce redness and hyperpigmentation).