Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paul25

There really is just no point anymore

I have tried so many things to stop this, but still have disgusting skin. I will be 21 in April, and i dont know exactly how many years its been now, but about 6 i have been having to put up with this.

For the last couple of years ive been going out alot more and caring about my appearance, and how i look. Shame its so sh!t. Ive got a new girlfriend, and we have been going out for almost a month. Whats the point in it though? Everytime ive stayed at hers and woke up next to her, i just think about whats on my skin and how bad it looks, and sure enough everytime it has looked awful. Is there any point in having anything good happen to you or do something good like a holiday or music festival etc. It just gets ruined by my skin, so fuck it, there is no point anymore.

Im in tears once again, and this is destroying my life and confidence. My mum is always asking what the hell is wrong with me as im just never happy, she says she understands when i tell her but she doesnt, she has no idea. I feel like complete shit, each and every day. My face is full of shit and as theres no signs its ever going to end, i cannot think of any reason why i should carry on with this.

And as this rant ends, my face is now completely soaked from tears, what a lovely sunday night.

I wish I knew what to say to make you feel better..but you have to keep trying. I know things look pretty dismal right now but you just have to be patient and find what works for you...you just haven't found it but that doesn't mean you won't.

"what is the f**kin' point anymore?"

I can't tell you how many times I've said that. Not just about my skin but about life and my career ect. I've said it and I've cried and after I've wallowed in it for a few days... I start up that hill again- trying new solutions, trying to better myself bit by bit. It's tough, but I think those "absolutely fed up" times were part of the process. Like if I had to empty my reservoir of hope completely before I could fill it up again.

Hang in there and take care of yourself.

Know how your feeling bud...Im in the exact same situaton as you,turned 21 last month,look like shit and my life is going nowhere fast....Im also 8 grand in debt and have a few friends 21st's coming up,which im in no mood or have the dosh to go to.....

When im in the mood you are (im in it now) I just do what I feel,not going to college tomorrow,will play Fifa all day :D

I know how you feel bro, i'm pretty much in the same situation..

Have you thought of gettin' accutane tho?I'm looking forward to it now to get that stupid acne out once and for all.. but my derm apointment is just in 5 friggin months lol

Personally the only solution for me is to get clear skin, because as much as i try not to let my skin bother me, Everything i do revolves around it.

Blind - im getting accutane but ive got to re register with my GP (which takes a while) and then theres a long wait for the derm :( sucks buddy

Ive tried to leave it a couple of days, and try to feel happier but tonight ive just felt terrible again. My girlfriend keeps saying how she cant wait to see me on thursday, but i doubt she would be saying that if she saw how bad i looked right now. I want to look forward to seeing her, i want to look forward to staying at hers but i always find myself wanting to be far as way as possible and just hope my face maybe able to clear up a little bit. Although with how things have gone lately, my skin will more than likely look worse than what it does now. ugh :(

Another day aload more spots appear, another day of feeling sh!t. Wow, tomorrow will now completely suck, along with Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday. :( Dont know why i seem so bothered though, its the same as every other week and weekend been completely ruined.

ahh bleak, i feel for you. i feel like whats the point sometimes...all seems so futile. not because of skin neccessarily, but i understand how depressing it is. but mate, you have to figure that it will get better one day. my sister had really bad acne for years and now her skins good. have you tried roaccutane?

ahh bleak, i feel for you. i feel like whats the point sometimes...all seems so futile. not because of skin neccessarily, but i understand how depressing it is. but mate, you have to figure that it will get better one day. my sister had really bad acne for years and now her skins good. have you tried roaccutane?

aaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Just looking at her picture now makes me so jealous!! :cry::wall: I really do not know if i can take this much longer, every day and every night is the same, worrying about my freaking skin. Even last Saturday night when i was going out, i was getting a lift to town and i had tears in my eyes because i was so upset by it.

I have tried so many things to stop this, but still have disgusting skin. I will be 21 in April, and i dont know exactly how many years its been now, but about 6 i have been having to put up with this.

For the last couple of years ive been going out alot more and caring about my appearance, and how i look. Shame its so sh!t. Ive got a new girlfriend, and we have been going out for almost a month. Whats the point in it though? Everytime ive stayed at hers and woke up next to her, i just think about whats on my skin and how bad it looks, and sure enough everytime it has looked awful. Is there any point in having anything good happen to you or do something good like a holiday or music festival etc. It just gets ruined by my skin, so fuck it, there is no point anymore.

Im in tears once again, and this is destroying my life and confidence. My mum is always asking what the hell is wrong with me as im just never happy, she says she understands when i tell her but she doesnt, she has no idea. I feel like complete shit, each and every day. My face is full of shit and as theres no signs its ever going to end, i cannot think of any reason why i should carry on with this.

And as this rant ends, my face is now completely soaked from tears, what a lovely sunday night.

aaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Just looking at her picture now makes me so jealous!! :cry::wall: I really do not know if i can take this much longer, every day and every night is the same, worrying about my freaking skin. Even last Saturday night when i was going out, i was getting a lift to town and i had tears in my eyes because i was so upset by it.

Dude! You got a hot girlfriend. Quit being so sensitive. Be a man, and go bone her brains out when you see her this Thursday, instead of crying about your acne. A lot of guys on this site are virgins, and never even had a girlfriend. Be thankful for what you have.

No offense, by the way..

:angel:

Dude! You got a hot girlfriend. Quit being so sensitive. Be a man, and go bone her brains out when you see her this Thursday, instead of crying about your acne. A lot of guys on this site are virgins, and never even had a girlfriend. Be thankful for what you have.

No offense, by the way..

:angel:

I turn 21 in April too, and for that reason I am taking accutane to hopefully get rid of it by then. I want to have a birthday party without feeling like trash. I know it might be pathetic to let acne ruin that moment, but...it has and it will. Good luck man, and if you've tried everything and nothing has worked for you, if you have insurance you might want to consider accutane. Just a thought.

Oh and by the way, if you feel too self-conscious when you're with her, I'd suggest taking her out to dark places that way you won't have to worry about your skin. Go for a romantic walk in the park late night or take her to a lake or to the beach. Those are all good make out spots, and if you play it right, you might end up doing more then just making out.. :whistle: .

If you just want to hang out and don't feel like going out, you can take her to the movies, or rent a movie, that way you can take her home, and dim or turn off the lights while you watch the movie.

Hmm, try a little reverse psychology... if she had bad skin everytime she woke up in the morning, and you had clear skin..... would you care?

I know I wouldnt...

Hmm, try a little reverse psychology... if she had bad skin everytime she woke up in the morning, and you had clear skin..... would you care?

I know I wouldnt...

hahha mate i feel ya. im in that same situation. cept with no girl.

BRAAAAAAAPBRAAPBraap.

hows the drum and bass scene in england?