Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So to start off I'd just like to state that I am ugly in every definition of the word, heres a list of my current flaws;

Broken, enlarged and bulbous nose

Deformed shaped head

Huge ears

Overweight

SEVERE dark circles underneath my eyes

and pretty constant cystic acne on the sides of my face

But by some stroke of amazing luck Ive ended up with the picture of perfection, I mean, shes everything a guy wants;

Blonde hair

Beautiful blue eyes

Perfect breasts

Tight waist

Amazing butt

And shes cuter than cute can be, weve been together for almost a year now and I cant for the life of me figure this one out. She makes me happier than Ive ever been, but Im constantly trying to hide my face when im around her (very difficult) and find it almost impossible to hold eye contact with her (dark circles), yet she sticks by me and says im beautiful, but I know thats totally untrue.

Girls help me out on this one, how in the heck did this happen?

Are you a girl?

Any anways, not ever guy wants Blond Hair and Blue eyes. I'd take Brunette and hazelnut eyes.

Do you know what body dysmorphia is? In laymen's terms my

doctor called it "the disease of imagined ugliness", I think you

can get the point.

I have it, and here's how screwed up I am: I'm complaining to

my dermatologist oh my skin is aweful, and she's like, um, I

wish I had skin like you, and I'm a skin doctor, and I'm 40.

You can't see yourself as you are I'm betting, I'm sure you're

a charming attractive guy who's lotsa fun, be glad you got the

girl you want :dance::D

Maybe you are better looking than you think, and maybe she is not as good looking as you think. :shrug:

Don't get too hung up on it or you'll sabotage the relationship. If she is the "perfect" girl then you don't need to hide your face from her. She has seen you & she likes YOU. Maybe she doesn't like your dark eye circles, but maybe they seem really trivial to her, compared to what she does like about you. I'm sure she has flaws too, you're just not seeing them or they seem minor to you; well, why shouldn't she view you the same way?

If the worst thing you can complain about in your life is the fact that you get embarrassed around your girlfriend who's too pretty, you're life is pretty damned good.

Trade ya

I agree, don't hide yourself. There is no reason to. She has already seen you for a year! What's left to hide? Eventually that may ruin the relationship, if you keep doing it.

Why do you need a reason why it happened? It just did and that be good enough, don't you think? Not everything needs to be broken down and dissected... especially when it comes to attraction. Enjoy the girl and have fun.

I know it's easier said than done, but stop the obsessing over your looks! This girl says you are beautiful and has been with you for a year now. Even if she didn't fall for your looks to start with, isn't she still there by your side? She has seen something better than outer beauty in you...it's called personality.

Haven't you seen Shallow Hal? Someone who is ugly on the outside can become beautiful and someone who is beautiful on the outside can become ugly. It all comes down to personality, as looks will come and go but your personailty is who you really are.

If your girl has been with you for a year now, what does it matter? Isn't it enough that you have the girl of your dreams by your side? What else are you looking for?

I'm sorry, but we all have our demons and sometimes they drive our loved ones away, pull your head in now, before your obsession with looks takes over your beautiful personality.

Hey, be easy on yourself.. Keep telling her that you are ugly and in time she will believe you. She likes you for who you are, and not for who you want to be.

Congrats my friend, you have achieved that which many cannot even dream.

Maybe you're not as ugly as you think. If she's pretty I don't think she'd feel interested in an ugly guy. I feel really ugly sometimes to the point that I really hate myself and feel depressed as hell but I also have good days where I don't feel bad at all.. I don't like pictures though as most of the time I try to take one it comes out really bad but I also got a couple nice pics so perhaps it's the camera and lightning that sucks, yea I like to believe that :razz:

now i'm not saying you ugly but,

sometimes they are people who you know are ugly but you are somehow very attracted to them. For example this girl I know who everyone says is ugly, just something about her attracts me and I know she is ugly, but I think she looks hot (but I would never admit that).

It's really hard to explain and I know it sounds stupid but it does happen.