Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lorax

B5 & Weight Loss

Has anyone else experienced weight loss while on B5?

I had mild acne and weighed in at around 160 pounds(male), that was 9 months ago though. When I began taking it I noticed right away that I was losing weight, and for the past 4 months I have weighed a grand total of... 120 pounds. :blink:

On average I get 1,800 - 2,500 calories a day, but no matter what or how much I eat my weight stays the same, and I don't want to go off of B5, even though it's not totally effective (It's cleared up about 85% of my acne), But it's the only thing I have ever found that has had this degree of results.

I searched Google and apparently B5 is really good for weight loss. Maybe I should try it, I could stand to lose a couple more pounds but, I'm hopefully going to be going on Accutane soon so that's probably not a very good idea. Sorry, I wasn't much help...

Has anyone else experienced weight loss while on B5?

I had mild acne and weighed in at around 160 pounds(male), that was 9 months ago though. When I began taking it I noticed right away that I was losing weight, and for the past 4 months I have weighed a grand total of... 120 pounds. :blink:

On average I get 1,800 - 2,500 calories a day, but no matter what or how much I eat my weight stays the same, and I don't want to go off of B5, even though it's not totally effective (It's cleared up about 85% of my acne), But it's the only thing I have ever found that has had this degree of results.

B-5 does help your body burn fat in order to use it for energy. However, you say you went from 160 to 120?? That doesn't seem right at all. I've been on B-5 for the past 6 months, and never experienced anything like this. In fact, I actually gained weight. I weight train, so I consume a lot of calories daily (3000-3500). There was a period of time when I stopped weight training for a few months, and lost about 10lbs, but that is also because during this time I wasn't eating as much as I normally do, and of course due to not working out I lost muscle size. However, within 2 months of being back in gym and consuming my normal intake of 3000-3500 calories a day, I got back to 175lbs. Now I'm around 180, and I pretty much maintain this weight.

So how much B-5 are you taking? And what do you normally eat? Think back to when you first started B-5, have you had any sort of diet changes since? How active are you?

I've researched B-5 a lot before starting on it, and never heard of such a drastic amount of weight being lost, or any kind of weight loss for that matter.

I think you are similar to me. I was at about 165-170 before B5 and 150 after. It only cleared me up about 75-80 percent also. This wasn't enough and I was having problems with diarrhea. I stopped it and strangely enough my oil production is practically non-existent. Not only that, I've gained the weight back and my body seems to tolerate different foods better that were definitely intolerable before. Something happened to me those three weeks when I super-dosed with pantheonic acid. If you are having stool problems at all, you should just stop it now.

I have lost weight since being on B5, but only a couple of kilos, I think that's equivalent to nearly 10 pounds? I have a high metabolism anyway and now summer is here I have been more active so that may also be the reason for my weight loss :think: It hasn't bothered me though, I see it as a good side affect. BTW I'm now clear of acne.

^^

Just to clarify, 2 kilos would be about 3-5 lbs.

I did experience some initial weight loss, about 3 pounds or so. However, I got on a BCP shortly thereafter (non-acne related reasons) and the particular brand of BCP that I am using has a side effect of weight gain. So I gained back all 3 pounds.

Now, I think if I hadn't gotten on the BCP, I could have steadily lost weight, because I did experience loss of appetite for my cravings and loss of appetite in general.

So I think it's entirely possible that you could have lost a bunch of weight on Vitamin B.

However, 40 pound is a lot of weight and you might want to re-examine your diet.

1800-2500 cal is quite low if you're not mainitaining weight, but trying to put on some pounds.

When my bf was trying to gain weight (he was about 120 at the time), he was advised to consume nearly 4000 calories a day. Junk food and other processed type food was not allowed, so he was eating 4000 cal worth of lean chicken and veggies, etc. and he had to eat constantly.