Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
y2kbos1987

Did anyone else here feel old as soon as they hit 21?

Turned 21 on the 22nd of september and it has got me down nearly a month on...

It just hit me that I am 21,still have acne,have a receding hairline and in a course I dont like..

Im not a kid/young man anymore but I still live like one...

Live at home on the weekends,play xbox constantly and have no money at all,not much luck with ladies either....

The good days are gone I feel...

Nothing more to do really than to just get on with it.... Maybe move out of Mom and Dads? :think:

Good luck to you! :comfort:

I'm 21, the only one out of my friends that lives at home, and I go to a comm college. All my fun bdays are over, maybe except for 25,but thats my scary age.

I didn't feel old until a friend of mine (who was 21 at the time) turned around said "Wow, Teressa, you're 26! Do you know you're officially closer to 30 than 20?"

That's when I started to feel old. But overall it's not such a terrible thing. I've been feeling small signs of getting older (the occasional heartburn attack, realizing that my body doesn't process McDonald's quite as easily as it did a few years ago, minor but irksome back pain in the mornings) but it also means that I've somehow survived this long. For me, that's quite the accomplishment. As I'm getting closer to my 30's, I'm also learning how to be happier about the things I relinquish with youth for the trade-off's of age - sure, I lose some energy, but I'm learning how to be more efficiant with the energy I DO have. So I can't eat fast food 8 days a week, 25 hours a day anymore? That's okay, it means I get to learn how to really take care of my body, something I needed to do anyways.

Getting older is not such a bad thing if you learn where the benefits of it are. :)

That's an interesting way of putting it, Eryka. I've got a friend whose feeling much like that right now, I just IM'd him that statement that you wrote.

I didn't feel old until a friend of mine (who was 21 at the time) turned around said "Wow, Teressa, you're 26! Do you know you're officially closer to 30 than 20?"

That's when I started to feel old. But overall it's not such a terrible thing. I've been feeling small signs of getting older (the occasional heartburn attack, realizing that my body doesn't process McDonald's quite as easily as it did a few years ago, minor but irksome back pain in the mornings) but it also means that I've somehow survived this long. For me, that's quite the accomplishment. As I'm getting closer to my 30's, I'm also learning how to be happier about the things I relinquish with youth for the trade-off's of age - sure, I lose some energy, but I'm learning how to be more efficiant with the energy I DO have. So I can't eat fast food 8 days a week, 25 hours a day anymore? That's okay, it means I get to learn how to really take care of my body, something I needed to do anyways.

Getting older is not such a bad thing if you learn where the benefits of it are. :)

Also, for all the young people out there:

Everyone says that highschool are the best years of your life.

Complete bullshit

There is hope beyond homeroom.

Pfft! Feeling old at 21? I'm 38 and still don't feel old! It's all in the mind and what you do with yourself.

Tip: don't go clubbing once you hit 30 :think:

Also, for all the young people out there:

Everyone says that highschool are the best years of your life.

Complete bullshit

There is hope beyond homeroom.

Turned 21 on the 22nd of september and it has got me down nearly a month on...

It just hit me that I am 21,still have acne,have a receding hairline and in a course I dont like..

Im not a kid/young man anymore but I still live like one...

Live at home on the weekends,play xbox constantly and have no money at all,not much luck with ladies either....

The good days are gone I feel...

Not really. Once I hit 24 in May, I'll probably start to feel it though. I'll be entering my mid-20's and I aint' really looking forward to it, to be honest. I look relatively young for my age though, so that's always a positive.

I'm 20 and yeah i do feel old, i'm 21 next June but i'm not looking forward to it, when ever i hear about past events (9/11 for example) i realise that was such a long time ago and how quick its gone.

25 seems scary as hell, by 30 i hope i'm dead.

I'm 26 and I can't possibly comprehend I'm so close to 30!

Maybe I wouldn't mind so much if I had accomplished all the things I said I would have done by the time I was 25. But I haven't and feel like a failure... On the other hand, the things I had said I'd accomplish extend far beyond the horizon of an ordinary person... LOL

I'm not happy with today's culture of making you feel old before your time. That's especially true for women. The pressure for them is even greater than men. For men, getting a wrinkle could even be attractive, for a woman, it' is a dreadful unimaginable situation. Look at all the products out there and the photoshoped porcelain-like skin of female models. At least in men advertisements you can still see the wrinkles and pores...

hey im 28 what are you tryin to say! :lol:

and it feels just like 21. aside from being a bit wiser, the only thing that changes is the face looking back at you in the mirror. and apparently its just the same at 50. the same 21-year old just with a few more shattered dreams and a whole lot more wrinkles.

I have only felt old once (which I am not). Last spring I decided to go to college, in my English I class I sat by this sixteen year old boy who asked how old I was and when I replied 23 he said "Damn your old". I was shocked, especially since everyone says I look younger than I am. Night classes from now on.