Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PinkSushi

Is my acne mild or moderate?

My acne is weird...like most of my face will be clear except for few REALLY bad spots. I'll never have more zits than what I can count on one hand, but the ones I do have look so terrible, almost like boils. Seriously, if I get a zit on my forehead my whole forehead sometimes swells up. They go away in a few days because I squeeze, but if I don't touch them they can hang around for two weeks. I'm not sure whether the spots looks so bad because my skin is so pale and sensitive or because they really are bad. All I know is if for no makeup you'd be able to see my pimples from across the road :cry: I also have loads of clogged pores that are sooo tempting to pick at. Do I have mild or moderate acne?

So after 5 weeks on Dan's regimen I still get a new bad zit every couple of days. Before I would brake out in several at a time, but apparantly mild acne (which I thought mine was) should be gone by now. I seem to have less clogged pores now, but maybe that's just wishful thinking. I'm getting a bit discouraged, help!!! :doh:

I personally think of you guys have moderate cystic acne Aqua Glycolic Cleanser with SA or BP would be your best shot. Of course you can always try Dans regimen and then if it doesnt work, you can try my suggestion :)

Yeah, they sure look like cysts :wall: they are the type of zit that can actually change the contours of your face when they swell up. I was thinking they are not though since they are usually of the squeezable kind and don't last that long (although I get a few a year that last about a month :doh: I'm sure those are cysts).

But looking at other people's acne in the gallery it looks more like they have a rash on there face which my acne has never looked like. I'm gonna push on with the DKR for another month at least, I've added in glycolic acid as of last friday too.

Yeah, they sure look like cysts :wall: they are the type of zit that can actually change the contours of your face when they swell up. I was thinking they are not though since they are usually of the squeezable kind and don't last that long (although I get a few a year that last about a month :doh: I'm sure those are cysts).

But looking at other people's acne in the gallery it looks more like they have a rash on there face which my acne has never looked like. I'm gonna push on with the DKR for another month at least, I've added in glycolic acid as of last friday too.

Early on? I'm just about to start week 6. That's not early on is it? I was kinda using proactive before I was starting this regimen so my skin is used to BP.

Early on? I'm just about to start week 6. That's not early on is it? I was kinda using proactive before I was starting this regimen so my skin is used to BP.

It's only about 1/3 of 10% aqua glycolic mixed in with 2/3 plain cetaphil cream...I'll lay off for a while if you all think that's really gonna cause too much irritation...but it just seems to be making my skin look healthier instead of all dull and flaky.

Do they have a lot of puss? If so, that might be a pustule or a papule.

Those sound like cysts to me. They can be very difficult to treat. If you're on week 6 and want to add in an AHA product, I think that's fine.

The regimen works best on mild to moderate acne, so you may not get optimal results if you have cysts, but hopefully the Regimen and the AHA will help.