Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tony90

Tony90's Adventure

Hi, I'm Tony and I am going to start Accutane tomorrow. I'm 16, 6'1, and I weigh 160 pounds. I will be on 80mg from day 1 till the end. My dermatologist recommended me not using the generic kind, I forget the name I'm getting but it's 250 dollars a month. I had my blood tests already, and I passed, but my white blood cell count was low. I'm not quite sure why, haven't been sick in 2 years. Anyways, I don't really have bad acne anymore, but I have persistent acne. I'll get around to posting a picture once I get my camera back. Wish me luck!

Hey Tony,

Good luck man. Like you, my acne is very persistent. I just started last Wednesday on 40mg a day. Have you picked up all of your supplies like lip balm, moisturizer yet? That might come in handy.

Just got back from the store today, picked up my lip balm, and some eyedrop relief :) Hmmm going to eat something at about 6 est. I will post pictures after every month that goes by. I started Oct 22, ending March 10 08... :S ... feels so far away... Peace and Love, T

Anyway, took the 2 40mg pills about 2 hours ago... pretty paranoid, every itch, ache, and tingle makes me believe that the accutane is tearing apart my insides... oh well whats new.

Guess it's not that bad, yet.

Peace and Love

T

Day 2: Took my 2nd set of pills ... hmm nothin happenin. Had a little whitehead on my cheek this morning, wanted to pop it... I heard you're not supposed to when youre on accutane so :( Anyways, had a nice day I guess! Peace and Love, T

Day 11: Skin is somewhat dry, not as bad as I had been expecting. Lips are extremely dry, very uncomfortable. My acne seemed to clear up for the past week, but I woke up this morning with about 6 small whiteheads :\ Ummm... well, I use Dove Deep Moisture facial moisturizer, is this OK for me? The pharmacist recommended it, but I'd like others opinions. Anyways ... Peace and Love, T

DAY 39: Well, guess I'm not updating this a whole lot because things are pretty normal.

My face is a little red, I have gotten about 2 or 3 bad ones, but the rest come and go...

My face feels a lot smoother and better, and I have no black heads on my nose anymore!

I am hoping by Day 90 that everything will look good because that's when I will be going back to school

Peace n Love, T

Day 60

Soooo, I've been feeling a little better about myself. Still have some redmarks, maybe 1 small pimple.

But, today at school I had forgot about acne (what a relief) when out of nowhere this kid asks me if I'm using ProActiv, and if I'm not he recommended Azelex and Doryx... too bad I already tried those... for a year. But, I just told him I'm on accutane and it ended after about a minute of talking.

Well, just hoping I don't have a red face and red marks in a month from now ... fingers crossed.

Merry Christmas, T

Day 70

Hmmmm, nothing much has happened.

No acne, just redmarks.

Finally I can see a couple scars (not that that's is a good thing)

They're not very prominent, but it's still there

Social Life: Eh, I got a new car the other day so that's good. Still no license, still not many friends lol

Well hopefully everyone has a clear new year! :D

Peace and Love, T

Day 82:

Hmm... No acne at all actually... Redmarks are fading slowly, but certainly fading.

Really disliking the facial flushing. I start school again in 11 days... pretty nervous.

Peace and Love, T

Hey Tony,

Keep at it man, that rocks that you don't have any acne. I forgot what it felt like to not have any acne, I started mid-October and stopped breaking out in November. Keep your eye on the prize Tony, just a few more months. As soon as school starts, it will go by a whole lot faster. Good luck man.

Day 98: Hmm... started school, it's alright. Skin = nothing at all, just some red marks... I will be done with Accutane March 9th or April 7th... only thing I've not liked about Accutane is the constant dry lips.

Peace and Love, T

Day: 106

Microscopic whitehead appeared today... and this one dormant pimple (thought it was a redmark it was there soo long) I decided to play with the other night. What a mess...

So other than that and the hideous blotchiness of my skin, things are doing great!

I am actually looking forward to coming off the tane so my hair will feel like it used to, and the redness will recede.

The blotchiness will end up fading and HOPEFULLY the redmarks too!

Redmarks are actually worse than a pimple if I was to be asked ... they last soo incredibly long, it's just like a big visible insult.

So ... Should only be about ....... 34 more days left of this stuff ... I've pretty much had clear skin since the end of the 2nd month? Give or take some ... Accutane really is worth it.

Peace, and Love

T

Day 114: Hm... no acne ... some redmarks... some flushing...

I have a blood test on Monday, then I will be beginning my final month... finally.

I'm tired of the dry lips and facial flushing, and heated skin.

Day 127: Just got back from the Derm. She said this is my last month, and I have to say it's looking pretty decent. I dont flush as bad anymore, my skin on my arms isnt rough/peelingish. I went 4 days without washing my face, and it still looked "great." Plus! I have a girl interested in me. Well, that's about it. Peace

Day 138: No new acne in about 3 months. Hm... i have less than 2 more weeks left of Accutane. Very glad I went on it.

been off tane a month and a half. i havent gotten anything new. thank you. just an update.