Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
benwolves

Stop wasting time

Stop using expensive clensers and BP, and strict regimens. Stop using antibiotics that might give you 6months remission if your lucky.

All you are doing is surpressing the acne, the internal problem is still there. Is your strict diet and strict regimen worth it? Big deal, you get 7 spots a week as opposed to 10.

Stop wasting time and go on the Tane, its the only way to tackle acne from the inside out. Regimens and crap are ok for people under 21, anyone who is getting regular active acne still needs to go on the Tane.

Jessica Simpson had mild acne, and she went on Accutane and it cleared her up. Now she gets 3 million to endorse Proactiv solution. /end rant :)

I can't really recommend Accutane to anyone since only a derm can do that, but I know it changed my life. I think for anyone whose acne is causing them to stay indoors all the time, and not want to even leave their house, Accutane can be a miracle.

I have wrote this because I myself have messed around with regimens for years, and antibiotcis, chemical peels, 10g of B5, plus loads of other stuff. It does not work, it may reduce your acne so that you get 7 spots a week instaed of 10. I am now sick of this and Tane is the only thing for me, I should have done it years ago. Ive been kidding myself with these regimens and thinking Ill grow out of it.

My advice to anyone over 21 would be to just do it.

Benwolves I feel you, but I've been on accutane once and it did clear me, for first time since I was 14 I saw my truel beautiful skin tone again.......But guess what, the acne came back after 4 months. I know some people stay clear for years but the truth is accutane is no cure for acne, its just a short temporary fix. Acne makes you depressed but even when you are clea accutane can make you suicidal. It aint worth it trust me.

It IS possible to fix acne from the inside, plenty of people have done it. I have recently started a full internal cleanse.

1)Clean you colon from parasites and hardened mucus (I am taking Bowtrol colon cleansers, but Dr Natura is great too)

2) Clean your kidneys (I havent got to this stage yet but it involves taking herbs and loads of water etc)

3)This is the main step, cleaning your liver by doing a liver flush (it's a simple overnight cleanse) apparently you will pass big hard stones that were congesting you liver.

Plenty of people have balanced their hormones by doing these simple three steps. And this process improves you whole health, mental and physical, unlike accutane which messes up both.

I refuse to accept the diet thing, I will not live my life like that. Joe Bloggs next door has a cooked breky every morning, fish n chips every night, smokes like a chimney and drinks like a fish. But he has perfect skin! If he can so can I!

By the way, ive been drinking 6-8 pints a water every since i was 14, Im now 23. I have done this constantly, I always have a 1.5 ltr bottle with me every where I go. Its never helped my acne ever but I continue to drink it as a peace of mind thing.

Stop using expensive clensers and BP, and strict regimens. Stop using antibiotics that might give you 6months remission if your lucky.

All you are doing is surpressing the acne, the internal problem is still there. Is your strict diet and strict regimen worth it? Big deal, you get 7 spots a week as opposed to 10.

Stop wasting time and go on the Tane, its the only way to tackle acne from the inside out. Regimens and crap are ok for people under 21, anyone who is getting regular active acne still needs to go on the Tane.

I refuse to accept the diet thing, I will not live my life like that. Joe Bloggs next door has a cooked breky every morning, fish n chips every night, smokes like a chimney and drinks like a fish. But he has perfect skin! If he can so can I!

You probably had an intolerance to it, Ive been tested for intolerances and allergys twice, they both came back negative. Several Docs and Derms have assured me diet has nothing to with it, the people who did my intolerance tests both said diet can affect acne but will never be the sole symptom.

For example some people might be sensitve to dairy, they would have acne, ear ache, and maybe digestion problems. Acne is my sole symptom, no other probs what so ever.

I dont like that theroy either, believe me this has been a long process but I know its the right thing to do. All the stuff you read about zinc, b5, regimens, water, its all nonsense. It has to be tackled internally, and Tane is the only thing that will do that.

I dont like that theroy either, believe me this has been a long process but I know its the right thing to do. All the stuff you read about zinc, b5, regimens, water, its all nonsense. It has to be tackled internally, and Tane is the only thing that will do that.

The side effects of tane are not worth the risk for me when a topical keeps my acne under control. I have mild - somedays, even *very*, *very* mild acne, there's no derm on earth who would prescribe it to me even if I wanted to.

People who actually NEED accutane are having a hard enough time getting it prescriped to them without those with milder acne who can try and have sucess with other methods clamoring up to the doctors for tane as well.

This is along the lines of Molly's 1st post, but could be applied more generally: Some people can't medically take Accutane, despite their painful, disfiguring cystic acne.