Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just as my skin was begining to clear up (with my new regimen - benozyl peroxide wash, duac gel and erythromycin tablets), last night i decided to go and stupidly poke and pick at about 7 spots on my face. They werent too bad before i went to sleep, but waking up this morning, every single one of those spots is huge, red, and some have even scabbed. Two on my nose in particular are the worst, and are even hurting when i touch them.

Its so depressing!!!

anyway, ive got 7 days till im back at school (im on half term now) and i desperately want them to be faded/gone.

The main problem is the inflammetry aspect, theyre not even pink, i mean, im talking dark red here folks...

So does anyone know any miracles that can reduce the redness? or at least help in the healing process?

im a boy, so make-up is a no no

Please Help!?

- Dan

this is my first post so sorry if ive done something wrong!

i posted this as a blog too... lol

have i put this in the wrong forum?

oops.

Hold ice to the spots, take a anti-inflammatory pill like aspirin too. I'm sure other people here have lots of better ideas then me.

mario badescu buffering lotion works fast. and reduces the redness a lot. i used to get those "dark reds" too, when i was still using benzoyl peroxide.

I hate that! Alot can heal in a week though. Just make sure not to pick, take aspirin, use ice. I always try and not forget to take vitamins and I use Mario Badescu Healing Cream and aloe when my face looks bad. And sleep helps!

My number one recommendation is to NOT PICK THE SCABS. It will suck for about 2 days but then it will be over. If you pick them, it will likely re-scab and possibly scar and will last much longer than 2 days. Otherwise...a week is a good amount of time for your skin to heal.

If you can't get the Mario Badescu (I've never tried it) cream stuff.. You could try & dab a tiny bit of Eucerin redness relief on the red spots to help tone the red coloring down a bit... Not a treatment, but just to help you feel more comfortable if you need to go out.

Good luck!

Drink an unholy amount of water and stay out of the sun. Keep with the BP and try adding a 50/50 lemon juice and water toner to your face. I don't know if you have oily skin or not but, this should be ok.

A lot can heal in a week, put lotion on those spots and leave them alone.

ice your acne, and start taking aleve. if you have the proactiv mask, use that on the pimples.

wow - i wasnt expecting such a reply.

i know a week is quite a while, but your not sure till the weeks all gone past, so its quite daunting.

but thanks, all of you.

ill try your recommendations, and try my best to restrain from touching them anymore...

once again

thanks...