Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
novembershadow

ipledge and BC... also, verifying medical history?

I'm not sure if accutane is an option for me, but I was wondering- with the ipledge system do they test to see if you're TAKING the birth control or just for pregnancy? i.e. do they know if you're not taking the BC pills? I do not have a boyfriend, will not be having sex at all, and I don't want to take BC because they make me moody and irritable, and make my skin worse. so regardless of morality, is it POSSIBLE to just lie and say you're taking the damn things, or will they know when they do the pregnancy test?

Nope there is no way of knowing if you are on the pill or not (if there is, its not apart of the tests taken for accutane)... so you can probably just tell your derm that you are taking them and just not. That was my plan .. but I ended up taking birth control for my PMS and shit lol.

Good luck!

thanks!

One more question... does the prescribing derm need to talk to your primary care physician or previous derm to verify that you have no pre-existing psych or medical condition? Because my PCP said she would not recommend accutane because I have a history of severe depression so I really do not want her talking to this dermatologist. I mean, if I just say I have no history of depression and am on birth control already, will he take my word for it, or need to verify with my PCP?

no, they won't talk to your other doctors. but if you have a history of depression you should tell her anyway, because it is important for them to know. accutane might not be an option for you.

thanks!

One more question... does the prescribing derm need to talk to your primary care physician or previous derm to verify that you have no pre-existing psych or medical condition? Because my PCP said she would not recommend accutane because I have a history of severe depression so I really do not want her talking to this dermatologist. I mean, if I just say I have no history of depression and am on birth control already, will he take my word for it, or need to verify with my PCP?

I'd say that ruling out accutane based on previous psych history alone is erring too much on the side of caution.. you should find a psychiatrist and dermatologist that will work with you during this process if anything.

Although, I didn't follow that advice and kept quiet even though I've been hospitalized several times for depression/anxiety but never suicide or any thoughts of that manner. (long story as to how that happens...stay in school kids stay in school :) )