Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-lxl-

what does "goin private" mean?

people say that they went to their derm, and when they dont prescribe accutane for them, they go "private" and get accutane...

im not real sure what that means... does it mean that you need to consult a derm who works alone w/o big hospital or organization above them??

som1 explain.. i might hav to go "private" too

Maybe it means a private insurance? Not too sure. Some derm's only accept patients with private insurance, and therefore the waiting time for an appointment is cut substantially. That is the case in Australia and anyway.

that's a UK thing. if you live in the US, everything is private pretty much since insurance pays instead of the government.

Yep in the UK we have the NHS, which is free at the point of service for medical care, and a prescription costs about £7. So say you need 6 weeks of tane between derm appointments, that costs £7 and the blood tests and derm appointments are free. If you went private, you would pay for the derm appointments, and the tane would cost more, not sure about the blood tests though!

awww.... thats what it meant

well i just want to convince my doc to get me on tane cuz im so sick of regimen and all that crap that ruins my life