Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest delta force operators

what is a good shampoo and body wash?

im looking for a good shampoo and body wash

i was using olay moisterizing body wash but i got irritation im lookin for alternatives.

California Baby Super Sensitive Face, Body, & Shampoo wash

It's one product ^ and I love it. It is free of parabens, very gentle, moisturizing, cleansing, and it's main ingredient is Aloe Vera. It's the only thing I use to wash my face with now and I luv luv luv it!

Haven't washed my hair in a month. The best thing you can do for your head. This is the softest it's ever been. I use Miracle 2 soap in the shower though to clean my body. It's really great stuff. Don't believe everything you read about it though. It's not as miraculous as it sounds. Miracle Soap Link!

I usually only use natural soaps. I cant stand how most body washes, shampoos etc all are full of parabens and other bad stuff. I like a brand called ONE WITH NATURE 's "vanilla oatmeal soap". Its the best soap Ive ever used. Sadly it may be discontinued, Im not sure, I found it at a big lots, tried it, then went back and bought every bar they had lol. If you ever see it, get it, its awesome!

Haven't washed my hair in a month. The best thing you can do for your head. This is the softest it's ever been. I use Miracle 2 soap in the shower though to clean my body. It's really great stuff. Don't believe everything you read about it though. It's not as miraculous as it sounds. Miracle Soap Link!

I have not used shampoo since September 25, and have pretty much stopped using soap since then too. I have used soap on my crotch region a few times, but other than that I have not used soap since then either. So far my skin and hair are looking great. I noticed the biggest difference in my hair. It is unbelievable. It is super soft, and not greasy. There is no dandruff and it smells perfectly normal. I had my parents check to make sure I was not being unrealistic. After doing this, I am sure that detergents just do more damage to our skin and hair than good, and we have just been fooled into using them by clever marketing. I don't get Body Odor, so the no soap thing might have to be altered for other people, but not using shampoo can be done by anyone as long as they are willing to have greasy hair for few weeks while their scalp adjusts.

Once ever 3 or 4 days. I don't rinse after working out and I smell fine. Get your diet right and you will be socially acceptable under these circumstances. I also only wash in the shower under my arms and the crotch area. Everything else gets clean enough with water.

Oh, and I don't rinse or wash my face in between showers either. It's good to be free.

Once ever 3 or 4 days. I don't rinse after working out and I smell fine. Get your diet right and you will be socially acceptable under these circumstances. I also only wash in the shower under my arms and the crotch area. Everything else gets clean enough with water.

Oh, and I don't rinse or wash my face in between showers either. It's good to be free.

Two components of shampoo (Sodium Lauryl Solphate and Sodium Laureth Sulfate) are tensioactives and while they're bad for the environment they're also for the hair as they tend to increase the synthesis of sebum in the scalp.

Either look for shampoos without SLS or use the most natural shampoo possible which is also nutritive and lenitive for the hair.

1 egg white

1/2 lemon juice

3 teaspoon of vinegar

Mix well till you get a thick foam, use as shampoo let it rest on the hair for 10 minutes and then rinse them. You'll see the difference!

How do you guys manage to go a month without shampooing your hair? I have to shampoo everyday because if I dont it feels oily.

try anything with 1/4 moisturizing and is for sensitive skin

I love redken hair products.

Okay thanks. :)

But at least once every few days I will have to go out, and from you say it looks like for the first month or so I will have nasty greasy hair, cant go out with my hair like that lol. But I'll see.

So what you are saying is that you don't wash your hair with ANYTHING except water anymore? Wouldn't the hair smell? :P Or do you shampoo it once in a few days/weeks?

:shifty:

So what you are saying is that you don't wash your hair with ANYTHING except water anymore? Wouldn't the hair smell? :P Or do you shampoo it once in a few days/weeks?

No the hair does not smell at all. People's scalp only smells if you have some sort of infection. If you are healthy it should not at all smell. I was worried about this and other hair issues that maybe I just could not notice, so I had my parents check my hair, and they only confirmed my optimism. If your hair gets greasy that fast though, I would slowly work towards less shampooing.

And, also I have not shampooed at all. No soap or any detergents or anything except water in my hair since September 25.

It is totally true that it feels incredibly soft. Except it is not so true that it feels like you just washed it. When I washed with shampoo, it was pretty dry, and not anywhere near as soft as it is now.

If your hair gets greasy after a day of not shampooing, I suggest you try and shampoo less, like once every other day, and slowly move into the water only method. Or if you have a school break, or are jobless, or have time where it won't matter if your hair looks nasty then just go ahead and do it, and you will be very glad you took the plunge.

I have long straight hair and it always feels like when I had washed it in the past. I guess the feeling is different according to hair type. I always used natural shampoos, never conditioners. I don't notice any difference except the smell. It's not a bad smell either.

Also, my hair was incredibly greasy for about 3 weeks straight. It was disgusting and I was working and going to school every day at this time. I guess people just thought I was putting product in my hair. I only let my friends in on it and they didn't even care. Only the girls I told thought I was a disgusting pig, but now they are changing their tunes. Quitting cold turkey was a good decision for me.

It totally makes sense to stay away from non-natural soap and shampoo. For about a 2 year stretch my cleansing regimen consisted of an after-workout shower at a local gym only. They had a soap dispenser, but I only used it for armpits and the genitals because it was cheap. My hair was never greasy, and my face was never oily.

When acne started to appear after being clear for 8 years, I panicked and started going crazy by shampooing everyday and washing my face with soap twice a day. Of course my acne was just getting worse. The worst was after I started using BP. I'm not 100% back to just water (still using shampoo and a BHA nightly), but after reading this post, i'm definately considering getting back to water only again.

Eliminate the chemicals and let the skin heal itself, analagous to eliminating poor diet, lifestyle, and stress to let other organs heal.

If you having oily hair, I would suggest Head & Shoulder, you may use ACV in between the shampoos. For body, I would highly recommend Shotkubutshu, a cheap and good body shampoo for sensitive skin

Thanks guys. I have a few questions.

1) When you hair is that greasy doesn't it cause more acne on your forehead? Especially when you hairs touches you face, or when you sweat and the oil/nasties from the hair gets on your face.

2) Would it be a better idea to have your hair cut short, and then start doing this?

3) Once I start this must I stop shampooing at all? Meaning if I stop shampooing for a few days and then shampoo for a day, the counter gets reset to zero and I have to start all over again.