Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone

Let me just start off by introducing my self here Im a 20 year old male from Canada Ive had acne since about 16.... This is a great board I have been a 'lurker' for several months now. I started my Accutane course 7 months ago (40 mg-first 2 months-60mg next two months then finished off the course with 80mg a day) I use to have moderate to sever acne... And thank god for Accutane my side effects have been minimal dry lips, dry face etc. I use Avene Clean-AC moisturizer it was made for people on Accutane and it works great, And Spectro Jel as a cleanser and thats it thats all. My face got a little red... Now some of you may be upset with me lol. But I did go tanning during the duration of my course. It definetly helped my face with the redmarks I used a bunch of Sun Screen and Coppertone Oil Free SPF 45 ..its great doesnt clog pores and fast absorbing. Anyway just took my last pill this morning.. ANd im clear !!!!! My life has been so much better thanks to Accutane I could deal with these side effects the rest of my life if it means having nice clear skin. Ill end my story by saying stick it through the course I know at first its hard with the IB etc. but it only gets better after that !! Hope the rest of you are successfull with your course as I am. :surprised:

im happy for you man.... and i hope, and im sure many others here do too, that my accutane course is as successful as yours. its good to hear how happy someone is after its all done

Thanks for sharing this with us mate. Always great to hear posts from people who have had success with accutane :) You reassure the majority

Awesome, man.

Out of curiosity, how far along were you before you'd say your skin was clear or mostly clear?