Find results in...
and1

Acne related to Diet? Watch this Video

Amen. I'm glad he made this video.

To sum up he mentions

Leaky gut

Food allergies

Glycemic Index and it's relation to test

Nutritional Deficiencies (malnourishment, especially in omega 3, zinc, etc)

and much more

I agree with most of the things he said, except his fear of saturated fat and praise of high fiber intake.

I know saturated fats are needed, since we have a DV established for it, but I have never known what it actually does. The only thing I keep hearing is that people should eat less of it etc etc with the outcome being high LDL and overall chol levels. But what are the good sides of normal saturated fat intake, and what can a deficiency do? I am uneducated about it, and would like to know more :)

I agree with most of the things he said, except his fear of saturated fat and praise of high fiber intake.

I know saturated fats are needed, since we have a DV established for it, but I have never known what it actually does. The only thing I keep hearing is that people should eat less of it etc etc with the outcome being high LDL and overall chol levels. But what are the good sides of normal saturated fat intake, and what can a deficiency do? I am uneducated about it, and would like to know more :)

The body has no real requirement for saturated fats and while certain saturated fats have a lowering or neutral effect of blood lipids some saturated fats do influence blood lipids negatively via the liver. So the truth is in the middle. Saturated fat in someone who is healthy, has and antioxidants and nutrients rich diets, exercize and sleep regularly are not an issue but it's okay to be wary of saturated fat and cholesterol in someone who has a junk diet, high levels of oxidation and of inflammation is severely overweight and don't exercize. So everyone is wrong about them ... neither friends nor foes, but for sure they're not essential substance in that there's no dietary need of any kind for them and studies on vegans never showed "negative effects from lack of sat fat or cholesterol in their diet".

Good for you Glein, great links! It's really the the trans fats that are the most dangerous.

"One hundred years ago people ate naturally occurring fats and oils such as butter, chicken

fat, coconut oil, lard, olive oil, and tallow, which are fats from beef and lamb. Today people

eat the majority of their fats in manmade polyunsaturated oils such as corn oil. Hydrogenated fats have clearly been linked to heart disease and cancer." p.81

"Tired of Being Tired" by Jesse Lynn Hanley, M.D. Again, it's modern processing of foods that can be dangerous and disease provoking.

Great you-tube video, thanks for sharing!