Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I just read that exercising helps clear up skin. I personally am on my high schools cross country team and run about 5 miles a day- I don't really think it's helping clear up my skin. Is this a proven fact? Then again, maybe if I stopped running my skin would get even worse than it is since I always seem to be doing some form of exercise. Also, my skin was much clearer over the summer. Could that be because of the weather or just because I didn't have to stress out over school work?

Nah its a misconception.... I think it distracts your mind or even soothes it so you arent too stressed out or depressed to think about your skin, therefore, preventing break outs maybe?

but all in all, it is good for you.

ive been doing 2hrs of weights and running training (800m/400m racer) work for the last 10yrs, and still skin is as bad as ever....as evidenced by my avatar

Bullshit. I'm a personal trainer, and I still had acen. I used to run 5 miles/day and I still exercise all the time and nothing...

naw i don't think so i was a XC and track star sophmore year of high school and i still breakout like crazy.

But dayyymmm 5 miles a day? we ran mostly 3.5 miles a day sometimes 4 but rarely 5 mayb once in a while.

but again sometimes my coaches give us sprints in addition to our off campus run. nvm i guess that balances out.

hey man, its not neccersarily going to directly help your acne, but hey, it sure as hell wont make it worse

plus running is an awesome stress reliever, i run a lot at night (too embarrassed to go during the day, i know that sounds pathetic but whatever) and just put the headphones on and just go, forget about everything, jog lightly, enjoy the beautiful scenery and listen to music, sometimes think of pleasant memories....running is awesome!!

i cant do the whole treadmill bullshit, i prefer running outside watching the world move around you

Just make sure you don't let all that sweat dry on your skin for hours. Recipe for worse acne.

I second this, I hop in the shower almost immediately when I get back from working out. If I even wait 30 mins, sometimes I'll get pimples on my back, which I never get.

Because acne is formed within the skin and not from the outside in, sweat is very low on the causes of acne. I have gone to the gym and not taken a shower until 1 or 2 days later. The only parts where sweat may cause changes in acne is on the body like the back and shoulders. This is because the skin structure on the back is not the same as that on the face.

I've never understood it, its always on my back, and I have very little margin for error, the second I'm done icing my ankle, I've gotten get in the shower, or by morning I'll probably have spouted five to ten pimples on my back...its irritating because I'm sure it serves to undo some of the icing effects when I have to go hop in a hot shower immediately.

hey man, its not neccersarily going to directly help your acne, but hey, it sure as hell wont make it worse

plus running is an awesome stress reliever, i run a lot at night (too embarrassed to go during the day, i know that sounds pathetic but whatever) and just put the headphones on and just go, forget about everything, jog lightly, enjoy the beautiful scenery and listen to music, sometimes think of pleasant memories....running is awesome!!

i cant do the whole treadmill bullshit, i prefer running outside watching the world move around you