Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Over the past two weeks my acne has been getting worse and worse, un-doing all the good I have done to my skin over the last few months.

The only thing that I can put this down to is either a slight binge on Profiterols about two weeks ago or the fact that I eat about half a packet of nuts a day now.

I suspect that it's the nuts. I mostly eat Pistachios and Hazelnuts, organic and unsalted. Do you think this is why?

I have a date on Tuesday and my skin is awful ]:

I suspect the acne flare has more to do with your age than eating nuts. At 17, your body is massively thrilled with all its hormones and is continuing to lavishly produce them so you'll grow taller. And get furrier. Etc.

You might need a topical other than ACV. Of course if you think the nuts are causing the breakout, cut them out and see what happens.

Do you think that no matter what I do with my diet, I'll have acne like this because of my age?

I'm seeing the doctor on Friday and I might try differin and antibiotics.

nono thats not ttru. im 17 as well, and im on day 11 of tane. im not clear yet (hopfuly i will), but my frend tuk tane wen he was 16. and hez still clear. do its not that cuz of our hormones, our acne wont go.

nono thats not ttru. im 17 as well, and im on day 11 of tane. im not clear yet (hopfuly i will), but my frend tuk tane wen he was 16. and hez still clear. do its not that cuz of our hormones, our acne wont go.

Can one tell by facial hair whether they are still hormone crazy? I can make a beard all under my chin and the sides to my ear, but when it comes to the middle of the cheek to having a moustache, I don't really have many hairs there (cept for a few)..does this mean that untill all is said and done, I will still be having acne related problems?

Can one tell by facial hair whether they are still hormone crazy? I can make a beard all under my chin and the sides to my ear, but when it comes to the middle of the cheek to having a moustache, I don't really have many hairs there (cept for a few)..does this mean that untill all is said and done, I will still be having acne related problems?

This is the Nutrition and Holistic Health board but the replies given by the moderator here seems to belong more to Acne Research and Acne Products.

The point is that in this board we don't need any more proof, evidence, different opitions or controversies. We KNOW acne is not a normal condition we're supposed to develop during adolescience and we KNOW that (as the board name says) Nutrition and Holistic Health reverses acne for good.

I'm into growth too and yet diet and holistic treatments have cleared me completely.

I have said this before. The hormones flare platitude we talk about in the western world has nothing to do with growth.

Growth spurts and hormonal inbalance during growth are pathological and correlated with increase incidence of cancer, tumors and osteoporosis.

In population were unhealthy nutrition and lifestyle don't play havoc with growth, hormonal synthesis (let's not forget that the body synthesize testosterone when you're an infant as well) is proportional to body growth and body height increase. In other words no real physiological and biochemical need for "hormonal storm" exists. Healthy growth is steady and slow without spurts, the hormonal activity is always balanced according to body mass and growth rate and never goes out of balance. What we see in the teens around us is just not normal and has nothing to do with "nature" but our way to rape that nature.

Acne is not hormonal. Unbalanced hormones are just triggers. But unbalanced hormones are not a fate of age, they're abnormal and leading to serious disease and unseen in populations where nutrition and lifestyle are not destructive and reversed by changing nutrition and lifestyle. The faster we grow (and this is how [i.e. the excess of IGF-1 and HGH and so on] we get unbalanced abnormal hormonal activity) the more predisposed we become to cancer. Professional breeders know well that there's not "one kind of growth" but that even the minimal detail can change the way a living being grow and the result of its growth. There's a huge difference between "healthy growth" and "unhealthy growth" and their outcome, when we see teens in our cities and their gawkiness and bad skin we're just observing victims of the unhealthy growth in the modern industrial world.

Thanks for your input. I am being helpful. You're being hmm, confrontational.

No, sorry if I gave you that impression.

It was not written with anger or contempt or condiscendence or anything.

It's the problems of forums you know, you never know what is the attitude of the person you're reading a post of. I didn't mean to say that your replies were "bad" just "incomplete" because the OP may leave this thread believing really that nutrition and healthy lifestyle have nothing to do with his acne just because he is young (like me and like many others here) while he should know that in spite of age, hormones, oiliness and even accutane, roaccutane and antibiotics treatments for many here the only long-term solution was nutrition and holistic health.

this is off topic but..

Wynne..

when the original poster said he was going to go see a doctor, you assumed he was going to a dermatologist..

but when i went to my family doctor to get a referral he said i'm just a teen and my acne is caused from my hormones, and it's pointless to se a derm for a hormone problem. So he said he would fix it for me.

is my doctor wrong informed or something? because I haven't heard of many people getting their prescriptions from their regular family physician.

this is off topic but..

Wynne..

when the original poster said he was going to go see a doctor, you assumed he was going to a dermatologist..

but when i went to my family doctor to get a referral he said i'm just a teen and my acne is caused from my hormones, and it's pointless to se a derm for a hormone problem. So he said he would fix it for me.

is my doctor wrong informed or something? because I haven't heard of many people getting their prescriptions from their regular family physician.

welllll, nuts are very high in calories, and a increase in calorie intake can increase testosterone which could be part of the problem. how much nuts are u actually eating each day? and what types of nuts? ive heard that peanuts are inflammotry. although there are actually reports on an 'acne cure' by eating cashew nuts(www.acne10.com/a10regimenone.html) i think its something to do with a natural antibiotic in them or something.

i eat around 200grams of cashews each day because i work out and need more calories, and it doesnt seem to effect my skin in a negative way.

also if the nuts are roasted this usually means they are high in saturated fat, so u should avoid them. i only eat raw, unsalted chashews.

hope that helps cya