Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coolcat

BP doesnt work whats next?

i have moderate acne... so i decided to use bp on my face....so i started using BP with a mousturizer twice a day for 2 1/2 months(tried a few different stypes of BP over this time).... it clearly hasnt made the slightest difference... i still get inflamed acne every few days.. i drink lots of water, dont eat crappy food dont touch my face and all that god stuff... so what product should i try now....

Hey welcome to acne.org and I like your username. Its cute :) Anywho, I recommend Aqua Glycolic Cleanser and going to yoru derm for a prescription of well I dont know a prescription of hopefully something thatll work. Also how many times a day do you wash your face?

why Aqua Glycolic... couldn't it be another cleanser than contains alpha hydroxy acid.... and what about Salicylic acid how successful may that be...

why Aqua Glycolic... couldn't it be another cleanser than contains alpha hydroxy acid.... and what about Salicylic acid how successful may that be...

I don't believe anything you put on your skin will stop you getting new spots. All BP seems to do is dry out and flake my skin (all that is except the spots which seem to get redder and sorer). Likewise other over the counter remedies. The only thing I've noticed making a difference is diluted vinegar - don't use a strong concentraion and wash it off. I never wake up with new spots if I use this but it has its drawbacks like the smell. AHA's may be good, Ive no personal experience with them. Acne comes from within so its better to try something taken internally, like hormone treatment if you're female.

A dermatologist visit is your best option right now, coolcat. The derm can examine your skin and prescribe what you need. I'd hope you'd be able to find a good derm in your area. It's sometimes hard to do, so you could try posting a request for recommendations for where you live. IF you live in San Francisco Bay area, there's an excellent clinic called Face Reality Skin Care and they are terrific from what I hear. Several members go there, some even participate long distance!

okay i stopped using bp.... and everything went to crap.... huge breakout.. what do i do... should i start using it again or what...

okay i stopped using bp.... and everything went to crap.... huge breakout.. what do i do... should i start using it again or what...