Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Birdie

No more blackheads! Benzoyl Peroxide helped me

I'm not saying it will work for everyone. But I have seen remarkable results. So I thought I'd share in case it helps someone.

I haven't had pimples in many years, my problem has been coping with the blackheads on my nose and the scars from the pimples.

Anyway, I read about the science of why Benzyol Peroxide works on blackheads and it made sense. Essentially, the key is that it kills the bacteria and clears out the pore. I thought, OK, I'm going to give this a good try. I thought, I have a super bad case, so I'm going to go with the strongest percent out there.

So I put 10% Benzoyl Peroxide cream on my nose every morning and every night after washing my face (I used Zapzyt 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Gel that I bought at an online drugstore, it's very cheap.) Put on a good amount, and really rub it in.

I did this for several weeks.

Well, the results are nothing short of miraculous. My pores have cleared up, and they have actually SHRUNK! This is something I had always read was impossible.

I just wanted to share. Probably lots of people have already tried this, but I'm posting for the other ones out there who gave up on it like I did, in case it may help.

Be careful using it on other parts of your face besides your nose, this is strong stuff and you MAY get a bad reaction.

Edited by Birdie

What bp cream are you using? I have 10% Clean and Clear bp but I doubt that would work because my blackheads are so deep into my skin and there are so many of them

I totally doubted it myself. I had a zillion of them! Really stubborn deep ones. They had been making themselves at home there on my nose for years. Maybe it won't work for others, but I thought it was worth sharing. And it's a cheap thing to try. I was way past being surprised about anything, and this surprised me.

I have been using Zapzyt 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Gel. I got it from drugstore.com. I did a search on it just now, it was only $5. Also in the search results, I saw that Dan has a link to it on his products page that helps the site, I didn't realize but will use that next time I buy.

http://www.acne.org/zapzyt-maximum-strengt.../159/page1.html

Thanks for sharing :) I'm currently trying out the 15% Mandelic acid frin DianaYvonne, and it seems to be helping around 40% I'd say. May try the peroxide down the road as well.

i use zapzyt 10% bp gel too. it works well for me and doesn't dry me out

usually, i would gently glide my finger over and not rub it in. but i feel this doesn't help.

i think im going to try to rub the bp like yourself.

do you use circular motions with ur fingers or what???

Does anyone know where I can get this in Canada, or best place to shop online for Canadian customers? Drugstore.com requires that you join some monthly program.