Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nonincriminating

The Post-Accutane 6-Month Window

There are so many scar treatmants that are off limits to people who just finished Accutane---all laser procedures, even the vinegar and lemon juice method. So what CAN people not yet six months off Accutane try? Tazorac/Retin-A, I believe. But what else? Any dietary treatments in the vein of the vinegar and lemon juice method? Anything, anything at all to spur collagen growth?

Hi there. I totally hear ya about the 6 month window. I would love to get an IPL treatment done to help with an annoying mark on my face but yeah waiting for 6 months seems like an eternity. One could always go to a health food store and purchase collagen supplements. I used them a couple summers ago and it worked wonders for my skin issue at the time.

Goodluck

Ive been doin

gamma hydroxy skin resurfacing cream

retin A

Lac sal cream

SuperCopX2 copper peptides

probably about a 10 % improvement over the last 5 months

it all depends on you. only you know what you can put up with. i had co2 laser resurfacing a year after accutane. some doctors won't do that. i didn't have any problems.

if you're talking about topicals, just try some test spots! (forehead, if you can always wear hats, just in case). it might affect someone, and they'd tell you no. but it might not affect yourself at all.

Ive been doin

retin A

Lac sal cream

Ive been doin

retin A

Lac sal cream

All at once? Or interspersed throughout the day? I'm not familiar with the gamma hydroxy cream. All the others do sound great from what I've read of them. And personal experience with CPs and Retin A, well, a retinoid. :)

Guest delta force operators

just curious as to why u do the retinoid during the day and cop during the night, i have it the other way around