Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
depressedj

How long must I wait to go on Accutane a second time?

Hello all,

I was on accutane for 5 months at 80 mgs per day. I just finished my course in mid August. In the last couple weeks, my skin has retunred to a pre-Accutane level of oil and IM starting to break out all over again. Im not getting cysts, but I am breaking out quite a bit. I scar very easily and before my acne gets worse, I would like to get back on Accutane. My question is do I have to wait a certain amt of time before Im able to get back on Accuane since I Just finished my treatment in mid August? I thank you in advance for your replies!

So sorry to hear you're breaking out again. This happens often -- and the second course often clears for good. I think you can go back on Accutane after two months. Take care. :angel:

Im a male--will my old ipledge card/registration be OK for the second course? or will i have to re-register wiht ipledge and wait the required month for the registration to go through? thanks again!

I did it a second time, and had the same process of getting better, clear skin, that last for 3 months, and then it was right back to pre-accutane again.

Right now I have been experimenting with my diet and have already made great progress in 1 month. Before you go back on accutane, please give the holistic methods a chance!

i agree...i did accutane for basically 3 courses and it was a very bad decision...exhaust all routes before going back on it...ull be okay most likely with one course...the more times u take it the more u risk ur health...and thats the most important thing in life. but if u really try everything and nothing works, then go u can go for accutane, but how old are u? if u are young, i would try to wait it out and see how your hormones play out...u sound pretty young, im guessing 16-17. what type of skin do u have? does oilyness run inr ur family? give us a good explanatnion of ur skin conditino and ill give u a pretty good opinion on what i personally think u would do. i am no derm, but i do know skin, and have learned quite a few lessons about it.

i agree...i did accutane for basically 3 courses and it was a very bad decision...exhaust all routes before going back on it...ull be okay most likely with one course...the more times u take it the more u risk ur health...and thats the most important thing in life. but if u really try everything and nothing works, then go u can go for accutane, but how old are u? if u are young, i would try to wait it out and see how your hormones play out...u sound pretty young, im guessing 16-17. what type of skin do u have? does oilyness run inr ur family? give us a good explanatnion of ur skin conditino and ill give u a pretty good opinion on what i personally think u would do. i am no derm, but i do know skin, and have learned quite a few lessons about it.

I thought you were the guy that got rosacea after taking only one accutane pill? Maybe I am mixing you up with someone else?