Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Golthie

How I use 10% Alpha Hydrox

I've tried the oil-free Alpha Hydrox 10% gel for quite some time now. Through trial and error I know it just doesn't agree with my skin as a leave-on treatment.

So the last few days I've been mixing the gel in with equal parts gentle cleanser and it's wonderful! My skin tone is much better, clogged pores are disappearing and breakouts reduced. I'm wondering if the Aqua Glycolic cleanser would give me the same results = less hassle and $$?

Suggestions from you AHA/ A.G. users?

How severe is your acne? Id say if your acne is moderate to severe it wont work very well by itself. Im using it and Im upset because it isnt working like it was before. It stopped working or something.

I guess it's mild. probably 5 to 8 pimples at a time, mostly oily with blackheads in every pore on my nose. I do use bp at night which has helped a lot and recently bought the clean & clear stuff in my sig. The toner has glycolic acid, alcohol too but that's never been a problem for me.

While I probably will not get much approval from forumers here, I am always one to suggest going for Accutane if you still have active acne and your going into your 20s. The longer you have acne, the more scars and redmarks you will accumulate, and the worse that situation becomes.

How I wish I were going into my 20's and not almost halfway through :lol: but anyway Accutane's not an option for me.