Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unknown soldier

Burst blood vessels/capillaries/etc.?

So, third round of 'tane. My skin is battered, dried, scarred, ruined, and the acne keeps on coming so back to accutane I have gone. My skin is SO fragile, though, even on this low dose (40mg), that last night when I was flossing my teeth I stetched part of the skin under my mouth in the process, looked in the mirror, and there was this small dot of bright-red blood right under the surface of the skin. It happened just like that! So, I can deduce that it is blood, and was caused by injury. This leads me to believe that I burst a small blood vessel under the skin.

Has anybody experienced this kind of thing on or off 'tane, and on any other part of your body? I've had something similar happen near my eyelids after dry-heaving when I had noro-virus for 3 days, and they went away after a few days, but this looks much brighter, honestly. If I get another one I'm going to have to lower my accutane dose again, as my skin is obviously in a state of total dishevelment.

let me warn u man...if ur skin is fragile as ur saying it is, ur really pushing urself to get into deeper shit than just acne...i am pretty sure thats why flushing and redness happend to me...u can deny it, but i am just giving u a heads up.

hey dude,

Possibly post accutane (wait the appropriate amount of months) you can get some laser treatment done. The stuff i heard of, specifically targets the capillaries. Works a charm at reducing the redness

chase, i was going to suggest to you the laser treatment as well.

The flushing could be caused by the capillaries? Not to sure.. i think i read it somewhere. could be wrong though.

Chase i said i would keep you informed... Well i went to a brilliant derm last week (have been visiting all the best ones in the UK) and..... he has given me Clonidine... HE said i have Rocesea LIKE symptoms. e.g. accutane has messed with my cappilaries ability to regulate their vasodilation and contraction. I have only been on these a few days...but my skin feels calmer already!! anyway ask your derm about this stuff..

well ive tried clonidine in the past, and it didn't do much for me w/ the flushing, yet i was exposed to a main trigger of heat because of the summer.

My new derm doesn't think I shuld do lasers since it is very dangerous. I showed her a well drawn out plan on a rosacea support group forum, but she thinks my skin is to fragile for it. Maybe she will consider it later. As of now I am unfortunately also dealnig w/ seb derm and some form of urticaria...i guess my histamine levels are outta wack, i guess i picked it up in the process of calming my skin down by just using water. So i got a lotta bs on my plate.

I might try to clonidine again, let me know if u keep finding success with it...i didn't like the tired drugged out feeling though...

sad thing about this kid who posted is that he is for some reason very hateful against me...im not sure if its because I posted many things against accutane, but from the start this kid gives me lip for no apparent reason. Yet it is obvious that after 3 courses, hes probbly heading down the same path as I have. And when I warn him about it, he has nothing but a smart allack remark to give. I dont understand it. I aint trying to start shit w/ him, but it seems like he has some grudge w/ me. I dunno, whatever kid, you are ***MOD EDIT*** who needs to chill out and direct their anger some else where. I don't need to deal with your stupid bullshit, especially when i am trying to give you some advice.

Im in the same situation. Derm didnt say it was rosacea, simply that i have rosacea like symptoms. My skin is red and shiny and i flush easily. My derm wasnt prepared to even consider a laser on my skin.

As for the original poster; i really think you should stop tane before you do more damage. As this is your third round, tane obviously isnt going to be a long term solution for your acne anyhow.

Well, that spot is already pretty faded away, so I'm not sure what it is/was.

Chase, I appreciate that you hate Accutane. Start another thread about how evil it is, but please refrain from chasing down and trying to frighten every Accutane user on this board. I'm sorry that you think Accutane ruined your life, but it has given millions of people their lives back and is a great medicine. You have no idea how bad my acne is, so until you do, don't you dare tell me not to take Accutane. I've tried every single acne medicine in the world, and just came off 3 years of re-trying topicals and changing my diet. Where did it get me? 10 surface-level scarring whiteheads a day just a month ago. And you're crying about g-damned ROSACEA?! Are you THAT big of a bitch? Christ almighty; you moron. Spend a fucking minute in my shoes and you'll be blessing God for giving you rosacea instead of what I go through every day of my life. Accutane has only helped to throw a giant wrench in the gears of my sebaceous glands, as the whiteheads have totally stopped two months into this round. But now that they're gone, I have tons more time to obsess with my scars, dents, and lines that 14 years of acne has left me with. Besides this treatment, therapy is the second best treatment.

Again, go start yet another anti-Accutane thread or try to make some money by suing Roche with the rest of the crying ignoramuses like you out there. Hell, I bet you even think Accutane makes people depressed, don't you? Idiot.

well ive tried clonidine in the past, and it didn't do much for me w/ the flushing, yet i was exposed to a main trigger of heat because of the summer.

My new derm doesn't think I shuld do lasers since it is very dangerous. I showed her a well drawn out plan on a rosacea support group forum, but she thinks my skin is to fragile for it. Maybe she will consider it later. As of now I am unfortunately also dealnig w/ seb derm and some form of urticaria...i guess my histamine levels are outta wack, i guess i picked it up in the process of calming my skin down by just using water. So i got a lotta bs on my plate.

I might try to clonidine again, let me know if u keep finding success with it...i didn't like the tired drugged out feeling though...

sad thing about this kid who posted is that he is for some reason very hateful against me...im not sure if its because I posted many things against accutane, but from the start this kid gives me lip for no apparent reason. Yet it is obvious that after 3 courses, hes probbly heading down the same path as I have. And when I warn him about it, he has nothing but a smart allack remark to give. I dont understand it. I aint trying to start shit w/ him, but it seems like he has some grudge w/ me. I dunno, whatever kid, you are ***MOD EDIT*** who needs to chill out and direct their anger some else where. I don't need to deal with your stupid bullshit, especially when i am trying to give you some advice.

whatever man, fighting like this aint gonna solve shit...u can be pissed off at me for saying what im saying, but i will stick to my feelings of accutane. I stopped posting about shit, and i am gonan stop this stupid bickering cause it is childish and isn't gonna solve anything. I am sorry to hear about your experience, i know acne sucks balls. No way am i gonna say that my yuor situation is worse than mine, but believe me accutane has destroyed my skin. Maybe I didn't need to use it as much as you have, but it has ruined the integrity and structure of my skin, and now im dealing with multiple skin issues. As for me beleive accutane can alter the brain, well science and reserach explains that. I know for a fact that it did affect me mentally, but again, i dont wanna argue w/ u any longer. I feel bashing one another is stupid, since its a senseless means in venting our anger at one another for what reason. There is none. I do it cause I am angry at the situation that i am in, and im guessing you do it because you hate the fact that I am bashing a medication that you seem to praise. None the less, my feelings are what they are, and yours are there too. so that being said, lets just drop it.

It's not like I want to bicker with people online. I'm an emotional wreck and trying to make the best personal choices I can make for myself. The last thing I need is to have somebody make me feel even further like shit and say I shouldn't have gone on Accutane when they don't know my history of acne and what I've tried in the past. I'm at wit's end over here, and stuck in a massive catch-22. I know three rounds of Accutane is not good for the integrity of my skin, but I also know that getting a hundred severely scarring whiteheads a month was horrendous. Right now as I'm not dealing with so much active acne I'm focusing much more on the damage that the acne has left me over the years. I obviously have forgetten how bad it was just two months ago, knowing that every little "itch" I felt on my face throughout the day was a newly-forming whitehead that would greet me when I got home from work or woke up in the morning. I'm just going to make this a low-dose course and see if I can knock out the acne this time. My acne pattern has changed drastically since the first time I went on Accutane w/ cystic acne, and has migrated outwards. I hope this round continues to push it out away from my mouth area. If so, then I can look forward to getting some cosmetic stuff done in a year or so as long as the acne stays away. My skin my be too fragile for much, but some fillers or subcision should be doable. Or maybe just retin-a a couple times a week.

I aint trying to fight here, so please don't give me any shit about taking Accutane. I've tried EVERYTHING, and I didn't want to have to go back on Accutane for a third time, but this is like my last resort. I think I'm going to just pack it in and give up if the acne comes back after this.

well man i feel your pain, but again you dont know my story...i have taken basically 4 courses...not full ones, but from accutane i have developed seb dermatitis, fragile, flushing, oily, terrible acne filled skin...i can't use anything but water...i have also developed some form of urticaria, and without a doubt I do know accutane if not caused, contributed to my anxiety disorder...again i understand when u have scarring acne, there is not much u can do other than take accutane in order to cease it...i am fortuante i have not had scarring acne...knock on wood...but i am also in pain...

i know ti sounded like i came on here just to bitch and complain, but i truely do feel accutane is an over prescribed medication that can inflict much harm, which at times is worse than the good it may cause. I honestly think if my derm never messed w/ my skin by giving me harsh bp cleansers and accutane, i would never be in this shit, yet again, who knows. It was my fault for always asking for accutane, I didn't care of the side effects, i just wanted clear skin, and now im 22, with terrible skin which no way will get better...and now i have 2 other serious skin conditions that no derm/doc can help me with. acne sucks. accutane did change my life for the worse. i can't say any positives of it, since it did really fuck me over. but i do know it does benefit others. and you are one example of the many, that I agree should have been used for. I was not. so i still have very harsh feelings for the business and the way they run shit, but again thats me. and i will continue feeling this way.

I just realized before i was gonna write another nasty message in response to yours, i thought to myself, why am i doing this? why are we fighting? aren't we here to some how find aid in our issues, some guidance. and we are fighting for what? building up our anger and stress for no reason, in order to some how make us feel better for a short flicker for making another person feel miserable. I mean it goes on in life. I've learned a lot through my experiences, and I just realized another one today. So I just wanted to stop it since it is stupid man. I wish you good luck on your journey. I do hope things work out for you fine, and I hope both of us will eventually not have to deal w/ such a disconcerning plague as much as we do.

take it easy.