Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Overload

someone give me hope

ive got 3 and a half weeks left on tane and my skin just doesnt seem to be getting any better. i really have had enough now. im physically and emotionally knackered, i really dont know what i can do if this doesnt work. everytime i think its starting to do its job, i wake up the next day with a new breakout and my skin looking shit.

its not even like i had it severe in the first place, it was only mild-moderate but because nothing cleared my skin, tane was the final resort. im having huge doubts about what ive done at the moment. its probably because im really tired and grumpy i jsut feel like shit. my lips are killing me, my back hurts, my face is peeling and ijust feel bleugh

someone give me hope that its actually gonna work :wall: i need a hug

You can't continue another month or two if need be? There shouldn't ever be a definite end-point that is set in the beginning. Each case/person and their progress must be evaluated on an individual basis and adjustments can be made thereafter. My first time on tane I did a 9 month high-dose treatment because just like you, I didn't respond until about the 6 month mark and then my derms (yep, had two of'em working on my case) decided to keep me on it in order to knock out the acne as best as possible. Definitely talk to your derm about prolonging your treatment (if you even want to prolong it, that is).

fucking hell. i knew tane was a rough ride, but never in a million years did i think id turn out like this

im a wreck at the moment, im just all muddled up. dont know what i wanna do

i kept getting cysts pretty much up until the end of my 5 month session. i cleared only after i stopped accutane and have been clear for 6 months now. hang in there, this medicine is a godsend