Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lkygirl

accutane and weight

Guest AcneProne_1977

Definitely not a good idea. I would wait until your course is finished. Accutane puts a lot of strain on your liver and your entire body, in general, so adding anything other than vitamins is not a good idea.

:)

so if you have to take it with a high fat meal, I take it twice a day, is there anyway to lose weight while on it? I want to do a detox but I'm sure that would take it out of my system

Definitely not a good idea. I would wait until your course is finished. Accutane puts a lot of strain on your liver and your entire body, in general, so adding anything other than vitamins is not a good idea.

:)

so if you have to take it with a high fat meal, I take it twice a day, is there anyway to lose weight while on it? I want to do a detox but I'm sure that would take it out of my system

exercise? Its not like you have to take it with double quarter pounder and cheese with a large fries...

Guest AcneProne_1977

Double quarter pounder with cheese and a large fries... Mmmmmmmm!! LOL

When they say to take it with fat, it doesn't mean "bad" fats. You can take it with almonds, peanut butter, etc... and that way you're feeding your body the "good" fats.

I've been exercising and eating healthy and still able to keep the weight off that I've lost (55 pounds!!!!) while on Accutane!! So, there's no reason you can't lose weight while on it. :)

Good luck!

Its good to take it with milk :) which is good for you and not overly high in fat (so long as you dont get the full cream stuff).

Alot of people find accutane decreases their appetite which makes it easier to lose weight.