Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dadoody

Benzamycin being phased out

I heard from my dermatologist that Benzamycin being phased out, because the antibiotic in it, Eurathramicin (or however it's spelled) has become useless against most acne bacteria. They're going to start a mix of BP and clindimycn (or however it's spelled).

I was wondering, why don't I just mix Bactrim and BP and use it topically.

I heard from my dermatologist that Benzamycin being phased out, because the antibiotic in it, Eurathramicin (or however it's spelled) has become useless against most acne bacteria. They're going to start a mix of BP and clindimycn (or however it's spelled).

I was wondering, why don't I just mix Bactrim and BP and use it topically.

Well first, I wouldn't go mixing anything yourself.

..and yes I believe Benzamycin is being phased out and replaced by Benzaclin, which is a combination of Clindamycin and Benzoyl Peroxide.

yeh if you can avoid it i would nto mix yourself but if you have no other choice look into benzomycin pak....it was a pouch wiht two gels you mix together and put it on ...so with pak you could mix yourself...so if you get the gels it sounds good in theory