Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mustangsally

Help...need a good moisturizer for under makeup

Hi, I use Revlon Colorstay and currently use CVS brand moisturizer under my foundation. I think I may need a new moisturizer because the CVS one feels a bit too greasy. Any ideas?? Which ones do you gals use?

hi :X i use nuetrogena healthy skin spf 15 under my makeup and it moisturizes very well and is not too greasy.Others have said eucerin daily renewal is cheaper and works just as well

I have just starting using Cetaphil lotion and I really like it. I'm currently using Klaron lotion and Retin-a-micro so my skin's very dry. It's dry in the winter anyway without being on medication. Cetaphil is a good moisturizer that's not greasy but it does keep your skin soft and smooth. Hopefully it will work for you too!!

:X Lola

My skin is really dry right now due to the cold winter air and my topical treatment. As I'm sure you know, it's hard to find a good moisturizing moisturizer that is also oil free. I decided to take a risk and pay for Clinique's Moisture in Control lotion based on one of my friend's recommendations. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I could put it on 3 times in a row and minutes later my skin would be dry and flakey again. So, I was luckily able to exchange it for another kind of moisturizer. I have just started using Clinique's Moisture Surge Extra Thirsty Skin Relief.

The website says that it "Rapidly boosts skin's moisture level, restoring balance. To comfort, soften and smooth in a flash. Oil-free. For all skin types. Use under or over makeup, or as a mask. Allergy tested. 100% Fragrance Free."

It works very well for me and I use it in the morning and at night. It's pretty expensive, $31, but it is very high quality and will last around 8 months, which makes it only a few dollars a month when you break it down.

It does not have any SPF, so you will have to get some of that to use seperately. This could be perceived as a product flaw, but I have actually noticed that moisturizers with SPF tend to be greasy feeling, no matter what the product claims.

You can get the moisturizer at the Clinique counter at most department stores. It's a pain to have to go to the mall to get it, but there is the luxury of getting to sample it before spending all that money on it, and returning it if it doesn't meet your expectations.

If it is just too expensive, I've had a good (but not great) experience in the past with Oil of Olay oil free (hmmm, sounds strange, I know) moisturizer, which costs around five dollars, I believe. Or it did a few years ago.

I know finding the right moisturizer for myself was a pain. Good luck!

Hi, I use Revlon Colorstay and currently use CVS brand moisturizer under my foundation. I think I may need a new moisturizer because the CVS one feels a bit too greasy. Any ideas?? Which ones do you gals use?

Thanks wink.gif

Thanks wink.gif

Ahh I used Revlon Colorstay and while it was fantastic it was soo dry! I used Cetaphil under it .. the one in the green squeeze tube with SPF. It is very moisturizing and emollient and made my foundation go on a lot smoother.

I really dont like the Cetaphil moisturizer. I think its sooo greasy and highlights the redness of my skin. I tried the Kinetan 24 moisturizer from the Body Shop and loved it. Its kinda expensive but it isnt greasy and calms the redness of ur skin. I need to find a new moisterizer to.

I just started using Clean and Clears dual action moisturizer a week ago, and I must say, that it is the best pre-makeup moisturizer I have found. My makeup looks matte all the way until the end of the day!!! It's amazing.

It does have salicylic acid in it (o.5%), so don't use it if your irritated by that. But my skin is loving this stuff. It sems to be clearing some pimples, and even-ing out my skin tone a little too, like red marks etc.

So give it a go! Believe me I have hated every other moisturizer up till this point, and I have tried cetaphil, eucerin, neutrogena, etc......but I love this one the most.

~Cindy

I use lubriderm. I know its not oil free, but I never had any problems with it. I just saw that they also make a lotion for sensitive skin - Lanolin Free, Dye Free and Fragrance Free. Ill probably try this because dye free and fregrance free always feel better on your skin. And it absorbs quickly, and looks good under make up.

I use eucerin redness relief and it has been the best thing i've tried, and trust me, ive tried everything. So far i love it. It isn't greasy at all and it has a green tint so when you put it on the redness on your face is greatly reduced, which I find fabulous for prepping my face for foundation. It also contains an SPF so for those of you who are terified of wrinkles likes me, its great for that too.

Guest TylerD

Ive always found Cetaphil too greasy and ive never really had makeup on with moisturizer but i would think if you had the cetaphil under it that it would all clog up and not look so good i alwyas use the Eucerin or els Neutrogena.

My favorite (as in, have now re-ordered three times from drugstore.com) is Eucerin Renewal SPF 15. It makes your skin a little shiny by the end of the day, but I have acne-prone, not oily, skin, so I think it looks nice and healthy. It almost seems to moisturize more as time passes. I put loose powder on in the morning, and the Eucerin is enough to prevent it looking dry or chalky. It has lactic acid, which ever-so-gently exfoliates while you wear it, and can co-exist peacefully with any weird treatement or night cream I try in the meantime.