Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ccmrose

Giving up on this drug..

My final month is coming to an end, and I'm still as red as I was two months ago. I still get cysts almost everyday. The one improvement I have was obviously, no more oil, and it IS smooth. Just not 'clear'.

So even if my doctor wants me to go on to a sixth month, I don't think I'm going to. My only sliver of hope left is that I'll be the type who clears in the month or two after the tane is over, and I want to just stop now and hope that's the case. The side-effects are wearing down on me anyway.

Anyway, just felt like a short rant. I hope everyone else is doing well, keep going strong. =)

Tane was just so-so for me. Not really worth it in the end. I did a full course and then low dose right after that - which I'm going to quit. For me, it's hormonal. Tane took a slight edge off but that's about it. Not worth the hair loss, eczema and chronic dry skin and hair.

I'm going to, hopefully, go on Spiro next week.

im 3 months in on 20mg (40mg for a while), and i look horrific. its been v hard to make myself go outside i look so awful.

anyway bad luck to you both hope some other treatment is more successful.

tim