Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ben_savly

Maybe this is a little help

So ive been having a bit of success with changing my lifestyle, just wanted to share it with you guys, so maybe this will give you some ideas.

no dairy,no seafood,no wheat, no processed foods, no bad snacks, avoid food with loads of sugar and carbohydrates, eat mostly lean meats.

NO VEGETABLE OIL, use olive oil or coconut oil <----vital

if you can avoid all of that, your off to a great start, but if its too costly, then sub in brown breads,brown rice, soya milk, dried fruit snacks.

5 portions of fruit and veg a day

my fav fruits:- apples/grapes/kiwis/mango/pears

my fav vegetable:- chinese leave/ pak choi/ carrots/ cauliflower/ celeries/ prepared salads/ cabbages

loads of fish a day(salmon,tuna,trout,mackerel, cod)

remember not all vegetables/fruits are safe for acne sufferers, as some vegetable contains iodine and some fruits contain alot of sugars and other ingredients that makes acne worse.

Examples:

Breakfast: 1.fish fingers and (baked beans or peas) and an apple(should supply enough energy for a busy day)

2. wholewheat cereals with soy milk and an apple

Lunch: 1. salad with tomatoes and grapes

2. sweetcorn + tuna brown break sandwich

Dinner: 1. chicken with celery, carrots, prepared salad.

2. salmon with prepared salad and brown rice

of course there is alot more healthy meal combinations, but just a few examples for you.

about 500mg of vitamin Cs a day to speed up healing

Drink at least 2 liters of water per day, just buy a 2 liter bottle of water, finish that, and refill with water every morning and sit the bottle next to the place where your mostly at, therefore reminding you to drink it everytime you see it.

exercise 30 mins a day, buy a cardio bike, you can get a silent magnetic bike for about 200 dollars or so, make sure you wipe off all your sweat after you exercised, avoid letting the sweat sit on your face, wipe it of with a tower asap.

Make sure your food is digested properly, as i have heard:-

sitting down:- takes 4 hours to digest a full meal

standing up:- takes 2 hours to digest a full meal

exercising: takes 45 mins to digest a full meal(wait about an hour after you have eaten before you start exercising)

Improving my digestive system stopped me from breaking out after lifting weights.

Hope this will give you some ideas, as this will not only help you acne, but your body will become a lot more healthier over all.

So ive been having a bit of success with changing my lifestyle, just wanted to share it with you guys, so maybe this will give you some ideas.

no dairy,no seafood,no wheat, no processed foods, no bad snacks, avoid food with loads of sugar and carbohydrates, eat mostly lean meats.

NO VEGETABLE OIL, use olive oil or coconut oil <----vital

if you can avoid all of that, your off to a great start, but if its too costly, then sub in brown breads,brown rice, soya milk, dried fruit snacks.

5 portions of fruit and veg a day

my fav fruits:- apples/grapes/kiwis/mango/pears

my fav vegetable:- chinese leave/ pak choi/ carrots/ cauliflower/ celeries/ prepared salads/ cabbages

loads of fish a day(salmon,tuna,trout,mackerel, cod)

remember not all vegetables/fruits are safe for acne sufferers, as some vegetable contains iodine and some fruits contain alot of sugars and other ingredients that makes acne worse.

Examples:

Breakfast: 1.fish fingers and (baked beans or peas) and an apple(should supply enough energy for a busy day)

2. wholewheat cereals with soy milk and an apple

Lunch: 1. salad with tomatoes and grapes

2. sweetcorn + tuna brown break sandwich

Dinner: 1. chicken with celery, carrots, prepared salad.

2. salmon with prepared salad and brown rice

of course there is alot more healthy meal combinations, but just a few examples for you.

about 500mg of vitamin Cs a day to speed up healing

Drink at least 2 liters of water per day, just buy a 2 liter bottle of water, finish that, and refill with water every morning and sit the bottle next to the place where your mostly at, therefore reminding you to drink it everytime you see it.

exercise 30 mins a day, buy a cardio bike, you can get a silent magnetic bike for about 200 dollars or so, make sure you wipe off all your sweat after you exercised, avoid letting the sweat sit on your face, wipe it of with a tower asap.

Make sure your food is digested properly, as i have heard:-

sitting down:- takes 4 hours to digest a full meal

standing up:- takes 2 hours to digest a full meal

exercising: takes 45 mins to digest a full meal(wait about an hour after you have eaten before you start exercising)

Improving my digestive system stopped me from breaking out after lifting weights.

Hope this will give you some ideas, as this will not only help you acne, but your body will become a lot more healthier over all.

wow, i didn't know that sitting/standing/exercising affected digestion so much. maybe thats why my digestion is kinda shoddy. i usually lay on my stomach at my computer or sit after meals. tonight, instead i took a long walk and i think my food digested much better.