Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lionhart

Lionhart's Accutane Log

Hi everyone! Yesterday was so crazy. I saw the derm, got my blood work done and got the prescription all in one day. I started last night..I hope by April when I turn 21 I can have this all behind me. =) That would be nice..!

Day One

After I popped my first pill last night, I feel okay. I think I felt sore this morning, but I'm not sure if my mind is just playing tricks on me. But I'll just see about that..I have a few whiteheads that came up this afternoon, but nothing to fear and I'll just have to see about that too.

I'll be taking my second pill here shortly. I guess I won't have anything exciting to say until the next day because I'm taking it at night. No obvious side effects yet. =)

Day Two

Nothing much going on. I was given some Burt Bee's chap stick, so that will hopefully help with dry lips, although I haven't really reached that point yet.

Day Three

Nothing again really to report. I'm using a moisturizer/SPF15 sunblock from Eucerin so I can keep moisturized and I can block some of the sun. Not sure really how the Accutane is working right now. The way things are going right now (lol, it's only my third pill), I might just wait to report at the end of the week..but I'll just see about that..

I hope everyone is doing well on their courses. Good luck! =)

Day Four

No real side effects. Although, I think I'm getting into that IB stage.

Day Five

Man does this suck. I really don't look forward to going to school every single day..or work. I've got freakin' volcanos on my forehead..lol. And the right side of my face near my nose, something is definitely going on there. Suuucky. But I am sort of used to looking like this..so, I need to just keep looking at the bigger picture. I'm sure I'll eat my own words in just a few days or weeks if it gets worse heheh. I am going to put up pictures soon, that way I can really look at how things are going week by week.

I wish for my accutane course I didn't have to go to school or work. Man, that would be awesome. Maybe I'll take online classes next semester or a hybrid class. =)

April is my birthday month aswell. SPOTS BEGONE! Looks like you are suffering from the dreaded IB but no worries.. It will soon all be over!

Best of luck, mate.

Day Twenty-Eight

Two pills left until the month is done, started out pretty rough the first two weeks, but boy did things really shape up as of late. NEVER has my skin looked this awesome!! I'm really happy that I am almost 100% clear after just a few short weeks. I think I only have one or two actives and my complexion has really shaped up. No real side effects besides dry lips and even that, they are not that dry at all..! OH. and..one more thing. Skin on my arm gets dry and I had a few patches but that cleared up with some Derma-E cream.

Hopefully it continues to go well, I have five months left and my next appointment is this Friday. I am really glad I did this. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DAY TO WHERE I DON'T HAVE TO LOOK DOWN AS I WALK OR HIDE MY FACE DURING CLASS!! =o) :dance:

Just a short update...lol, I know I said I would write every day, but I didn't!

Anyway, I finished around April 16th of this year, I remember because on my birthday I still had to take the pills but, a few days later I was done.

It's been about two months since I've been off Accutane and I just would like to say that I am finally clear of acne!! It's about freakin' time. Of course, I keep up with some Retin-A just to help with the minor scarring, but other than that I have had no problems. I can only hope this continues because man...I've never been so happy in my life. I know I should not have let acne take my life away, but it did and now I am happy that I am actually living my life.

:D

Congrats man, thats great. When did you begin to clear up for good? Did you break out through the whole course?

Its great to hear success stories like this, thanks for posting.

I started to clear up for good like in Janurary. I did not have to worry about a pimple since, but I started to worry of course closer to when I was going to stop taking the pills in April. But a little Retin-A Micro goes a long way to maintain results.

The only time I broke out was...probably the first month but by Thanksgiving break it slowed down and by Christmas things really started to click.

I was very luck that I did not experience any major side effects that some people have had. My nose only started to get a little bloody the last month, but other than that it was just dry lips, and some dry patches of skin on my arms. Nothing that couldn't be cured with some cream.