Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
asasas

super oily skin

Concluded with awesome pics!

Im having a huge problem with oily skin.

Right now I washmy face twice a day and moisturize with uh..curel continuous comfort. and apply bp twice a day. wash with lukewarm/hot water then end it with a cold splash of water..as im told that closes pores.

Any luck for a poor chap like me. i need a break from having to deal with this plus the acne lately..

Ive heard of oc-8 and im actually debating trying that. Any previous oc-8 users can testify that this might help a chap like me? itd be great.

thanks .

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s307/bakeher/DSCN1091.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s307/bakeher/DSCN1104.jpg

If you have oily skin, I would ditch the moisturizer for a while. See if that helps... =)

Because i mean, if you have oily skin, you don't need natural oils to hydrate your skin. I'm sure it'll help a bit!!!

=)

I think that you should buy a cleanser from Neutrogena or something with BP or SA in it. These things tend to dry the skin out a little... And since you have oily skin, it's worth giving a shot...

Clean and Clear make ummm.. oil pads. It's REALLY small. You can carry it around in your pocket or something. So....when you feel that oil coming up, just take a sheet and dab your face.

^_^

And.... I know most people say only wash your face 2 times a day, but SOME PEOPLE truely do get better skin and LESS oil on their face when they wash it 3 times a day. Don't judge til you try it

^_^

I, of course, have dry skin. But my brother has the most GREASIEST, OILIEST skin EVER. lol. And these are some of the things I see him use...

good luck!

thanks for the reply.

TO be honest none of those things would help. btw why buy a cleanser with bp innit when i already apply bp twice a day? lol. I know my skin. its really lame. Dry or not its gona end up oily in the end.

Washing three times a day seems interesting but doubtful.

I am really curious about the oc-8 product and want to give that a go. I hear it eliminates oil shine for a long time.

Would love to hear some shine ont hat product..

I used OC8 but ran out not too long ago. I decided not to repurchase the product because it was quite expensive and you can only buy it in certain pharmacies and certain online sites. It claims to keep you oil free for about 8 hours but for the truly oily like myself it was more like 2-3 hours which is actually good. It does leave your face very smooth and it makes you want to touch your face after you applied it lol. The only drawbacks are that its expensive, leaves your face sligtly white and the tube only lasts for 3-4 months if you use it everyday. In your case I don't see a huge oil problem. There are a couple of products out there that you can look at that have the same copolymer oil absorber as OC8. First one is dermadoctor oily tease zone solution which costs about 40$(about the same price as OC8) and theres a relatively new product called Clinac BPO 7 which is slightly cheaper I believe and contains 7% BP. OC Eight is also available at dermadoctor but I got mines at a pharmacy nearby for cheaper.

I use something like OC8 and it's called Cinac BPO 7 like the person above me mentioned. Since you're already using BP, maybe this product would be good for you. You could knock out two problems in one, the acne you're treating with BP and your oily skin.

I have really oily skin, too. I wear concealer and powder, though, so I have to re-do the powder every hour, lest I resemble a mirror. :surprised:

I'm sure you've heard this one a lot, but water seems to help me. Drink lots of water. I know it's a hassle, but it does.

Oh, and you're very handsome, acne or no. X3 Smile.

thanks kassurinreichan ;P

as for what to do at this moment. ive opp'd to just using toilet paper..yes it owns to get theoil out .

oc8 sounds like a way out of this one.