Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

Please help. I had a small scratch on my face. It was a circle (about the size of a pea, just in shape). It did not penetrate into the dermis, it was VERY superficial.

So after the initial scratch my skin looked fine but began to secrete a clear liquid. It just looked as if that spot on my face was wet.

After an hour or so, it scabbed.

After a few days the scab came off. The wound then went thru an inflamation stage where it inflated and become pink.

This is what the wound looked like during the inflamation stage ( THIS IS NOT ME BTW, JUST A PIC I FOUND WHICH WAS THE CLOSEST MATCH TO WHAT MINE LOOKED LIKE - mine was much smaller)

Inflamation stage of healing

Then it deflated and is currently NEARLY flat and the tone of the inner circle matches my skin tone. There is a ring of hyperpigmentation encasing the circle.

I am East Indian with brown skin/male 22yrs old.

It's currently 18 days post-initial injury. I am worried this is a hypertrophic scar but i dont know how it could be since i didnt CUT into my skin AT ALL. so wierd.

pls help, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Posted

Hyperpigmentation is common when there is inflammation. I wouldn't worry too much. It is not permanent, but it may take a long time to fade. Usually within a year but in rare cases 2 years or more. You can use a bleaching cream to help it along, although I'm not sure what the cautions are for your particular skin tone. You might look into it. But the permanent scarring is only caused when damage to the dermis occurs.

Guest delta force operators
Posted

they will eventually become slightly dpressed scarring, almost leven with skiin, u can see them couse they are almost entirely made up of scar tissue wich makes them different then surrounding skin

Posted
they will eventually become slightly dpressed scarring, almost leven with skiin, u can see them couse they are almost entirely made up of scar tissue wich makes them different then surrounding skin

There will only be depressed scarring if the dermis was damaged. Which, sure, is not always evident right away. If there was any inflammation though, yes, there is a chance the dermis was damaged enough to cause depressed scarring. But it should be evident fairly soon after the injury has healed, I would think.

Posted

it was a superficial abrasion so the deep dermis wasn't injured. there wasnt even a cut in the skin.

it was basically an excoriation. i just scratched my skin. the bleeding appeared to come out of the pores at the site of the injury but i couldnt see any cut so it was punctuate bleeding.

right now its very slightly elevated and when i say very slightly, you couldnt notice it by looking in a mirror. i have to get a magnifying glass to really see it.

the pinkness is still there too but not close to as prominent as it was. i just dont understand how it went thru all this without even there being a cut. its strange. i just hope things get back to normal

Posted

I have read that a mere ingrown hair on certain individuals, especially dark skin types, can create hypertrophic scarring. I have just written some articles on GZYN and one is on hypertrophic scarring if you are interested.