Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
patience28

Question about TCA (just ordered) and subcision.

I just ordered 21% TCA from makeupartistschoice.com. Has anyone used this strength before, and if so what results did you get? I plan on taking before and after pics and posting them.

My second question is, how do I find a Doctor that performs subcision? Should I call around and ask over the phone? I don't want to go to tons of appts. just to find out if they offer it or not. Any suggestions? Thanks so much in advance.

My second question is, how do I find a Doctor that performs subcision? Should I call around and ask over the phone? I don't want to go to tons of appts. just to find out if they offer it or not. Any suggestions? Thanks so much in advance.

If you have a personal physician, it wouldn't hurt to ask for a plastic surgeon recommendation for your subcision. I'd go with a plastic surgeon and not a dermatologist. Surgeons do a lot of extra training in surgical techniques. Dermatologists know it, too, but not to the same depth as a surgeon. Then again, there are also cosmetic surgeon dermatologists! :D It's frankly amazing the education they have to go through.

Patience, I strongly recommend that you read through this information about TCA peels before you do your peel. You do need to do a pre-preparation before performing a TCA peel to ensure the best results. I have done a 20% TCA peel with nice results (primarily for aging and some tiny shallow scars - well, the skin tone looked lovely but the scars did not change).

Patience,

Where do you live? It is kind of hard to find a doctor who will do this procedure. If you find one who will, please report back.

Thanks!

Anna

Patience,

Where do you live? It is kind of hard to find a doctor who will do this procedure. If you find one who will, please report back.

Thanks!

Anna

That is because she is doing a 20% tca peel.

You need to do 100% tca cross to eradicate scar.

Please do further reading on this messageboard

before jumping to conclusion.