Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lovesit19

I hate iPledge

I was supposed to get my perscription for Accutane yesterday, but when I showed up (mind you I have to drive 45 mins to get there), my derm said they never logged me into the system and I now have to wait one more month. :cry: How annoying! Has this happened to anyone else? Also, does anyone have any pointers on things to remember so that this doesn't happen going forward?

THANKS! :)

Hi there,

This, ^ sort of happened to me too, but instead of not logging me in completely in the system, my derm. just forgot to put in the correct date of the pregnancy test so therefore I had to wait a whole month for the Tane. Also some good tips I learned while on Tane was to always do your labs b-4 your appointment….it was 3 days b-4 my appointment for me and the pregnancy test ON THE DAY OF the appointment for me as well. Also, the ipledge questions are no-brainers so you should be fine and always remember to answer the ipledge questions b-4 u pick up your prescriptions and don’t forget your ipledge card when picking up the prescription…quite a few things to remember, no biggie…anyway I hope this helps you, good luck!

iPledge sucks. I'm a guy and I still find it annoying as hell. There's so much red tape to go through to get on tane in this country. I've NEVER heard of any other medication out there with these sort of Nazi regulations. >.<

Hound your docs office to make sure they enter you in the system EVERY month. I would call mine every month the whole 6 months to make sure they would get me in 7 day window so I would not miss taking my capsules.

My doctor would tell her assistance to call right their on her personal phone to the guy in charge of the iPledge.

The docs office has to verify your info...birth control methods, that you've visited them that month and continue to understand the consequences of being on Tane and Sex and entered that you've been adhering to taking the labwork necessary. Once they have then you got 7 days to take the IPledge test and pick up your Rx. If not you are locked out and cannot get your med for that month.

Hope it makes sense. You derms office should have explained this to you.