Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drexel

Getting a piercing while on Accutane (Claravis)

Hi guys. Is there any downfall to getting a piercing while on Accutane? The way I see it, I'm going to get a scar through piercing either way, but I'd like to know what other people think. I'm trying to get a lip ring. Anyone else get a piercing while on Accutane?

Drex

I had my ears repierced....they got infected but i have crappy luck with piercings. Should be fine id say, if youre willing to risk it go for it....you might find your lips uber dry though which will probably interfere with the healing process.

do u know if the infection was due to the accutane somehow, or from your own body's rejection of the piercing? i forgot about the dry lips part while on accutane. maybe i should wait cuz dry lips and a newly crusty piercing would be awful.

do u know if the infection was due to the accutane somehow, or from your own body's rejection of the piercing? i forgot about the dry lips part while on accutane. maybe i should wait cuz dry lips and a newly crusty piercing would be awful.

The dryness of Tane and impaired healing are very closely related. Please wait for the piercing until at least six months after you stop Tane.

Some people have good luck, some have bad luck. You don't want to push YOUR luck. ;)

I had highly impaired healing after emergency surgery. Had to stop Tane, surgery took place a few days later. Wasn't allowed to start Tane back at all as the healing was so poor. The docs and derm and surgeon said, "Maybe you can start in a year after the surgery" but by then I did not need it.

Don't risk it. :(