Find results in...

Nail Upkeep  

52 members have voted

1. 1. How do you upkeep your nails?

• I grow them super long
    • I either file them short or cut them short
    • I wear fake nails
    • I dont, I bite my nails

naturally i cut them ridiculously short but i want to get gel french nails again. beautiful! they were too long last time so i'll get "sporty length" right now i'm shopping around for pricing :)

Cool! I wish I could do that but its not sanitary to have those kind of nails while working in a nursing home

naturally i cut them ridiculously short but i want to get gel french nails again. beautiful! they were too long last time so i'll get "sporty length" right now i'm shopping around for pricing :)

Cool! I wish I could do that but its not sanitary to have those kind of nails while working in a nursing home

why isn't it sanitary? they literally mold them into your natural nails so they ARE your natural nails just synthetic replacements so to speak.

unless you mean if they're longer you can get dirt under them, but you could just use a nail brush to clean them like anything else :) or wear gloves! which i'm sure you do anyways.

its not like they're press on variety. gel nails are pretty damn real! you can't tell the difference really.

why isn't it sanitary? they literally mold them into your natural nails so they ARE your natural nails just synthetic replacements so to speak.

unless you mean if they're longer you can get dirt under them, but you could just use a nail brush to clean them like anything else :) or wear gloves! which i'm sure you do anyways.

its not like they're press on variety. gel nails are pretty damn real! you can't tell the difference really.

I am so on and off with my nails. I sometimes bite my nails, but only if I'm really, really stressed, or nervous. There are times I go months without biting my nails, and months I bite them like crazy. So anyway, I usually try to keep them well manicured and short. I usually wear a sheer polish so they are nice and shiny.

I wear my nails long. I prefer my manicures over those of a professional. I have very strong nails and rarely break one - but when I do it is down into the nail bed - Ouch! To avoid having to cut the rest of them off, I will put a artifical tip on until it grows out enough to blend with the other nails.

FYI: Biting your nails shortens your nail bed which is the structural support for your nails. The longer the nail bed - the less breakage you will have. Try to stop - hopefully the natural nail bed length will re-establish.

I used to bite them when i was younger but has since outgrow them. I never leave my nails long, when they start to grow longer, I will cut them off back to the normal size. I also never painted my nails or do manicure and stuff. Maybe its me cos if I paint my nails or grow them long, I feel as though my fingers are not fingers anymore. Besides, I study life sciences and we are almost always in the lab so its not recommended for us to grow long nails anyway due to the chemicals, bacteria and gloves don't fit well with long nails.

I cut mine short because I play the piano and I hate when they click! Sometimes I'll randomly grow them out but it really drives me crazy!

me too!!!!! at first i kind of liked the clicking noise (it's reminiscent of listening to my grandma play when i was little... she's always had fake nails,) but i couldn't stand it after awhile. it's too distracting and takes away from the beauty of the instrument.

anyway, besides that, my nails grow super fast and i'm pretty hard on my hands, so i would have to get them filled every week and a half or so. part of it's my perfectionist personality that always wanted them to look nice. i couldn't stand when the polish started wearing at the tips or you could see my nail growth at the bed. it just got to be too much of a hassel and too expensive. i prefer them cut short and manicured.

i really really need help in stopping biting my nails.i mean i just CANNOT stop the habit. been doing it for as long as i can remember,i imagine i was born with my index finger of my right hand being chewed :) its a dirty habit and i need to kick it.lent started last wednesday and i said 'il give up biting my nails' by thursday they were all gone again.it just isnt possible for me to stop it! i really want nails to,theyre so pretty looking :wub: and lets face it,girls are supposed to have nails arent they? how to stop is the question......

i really really need help in stopping biting my nails.i mean i just CANNOT stop the habit. been doing it for as long as i can remember,i imagine i was born with my index finger of my right hand being chewed :) its a dirty habit and i need to kick it.lent started last wednesday and i said 'il give up biting my nails' by thursday they were all gone again.it just isnt possible for me to stop it! i really want nails to,theyre so pretty looking :wub: and lets face it,girls are supposed to have nails arent they? how to stop is the question......

i dont really have any nails to file or cut though :| i mean theyre down so low its ridiculous. one went down so far it started to bleed. il start right now with the 'no biting' rule. and see how far i get....