Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay..I wanted to get highlights at the salon but its like...$75 for a full..which is what I wanted. But a "few" starts out at $30. I am scared to try highlights out of the box. I think it would look way better if I just went to the salon and dished out money...$75 is way to much so I would go with a "few". Buuut..I have been looking at the in the box coloring kits. I am scared to try this...but I figured it might be worth a shot. Although, I dont want to touch up roots so much. How often would you have to do this for a full color? Here are some of the colors I have been looking at. Although some of them look like they might be TO light.

this one looks a lil 2 light....

clicky

clicky #2

CLICKY #3

pic of me...im in the middle. this is prolly the color of my hair at the moment. my highlights are waaayy gone. kinda an old pic. old haircut 2. haha

heres a pic where my hair looks kinda light. my senior year...im really lil...i fit in gym lockers :lol:

Any other suggestions? Please give = ]

i might hafta. but what colors do you think will go good? i dont want to go 2 light you know. I really do like ashlee simpsons hair color. might b a lil light fo rme?

That colour would look awesome on you :) you have the right skin tone for it. I also think youd look really pretty as a golden blonde with white blonde highlights (lighter than ashlees-more like jess simpsons). Out of a box can be great :) loreal do some great kits.

I dont wanna do anything to light ya know. I dont want the color to "clash" with my eyebrow color either. I know some girls that dye their hair that blonde blonde color and it doesnt look very good haha. Im not real tan either..idk if that makes a difference. Im scared! haha. But I found some thing on folica.com that turns your hair color back to its natural color if you dont like what you colored it as. So that makes me feel better. Now i just gotta find a box that looks like the right color! Or maybe I should just go to the salon. Idk..imma poor college student! haha. I dont have $70 to spend on my hair.

Personally I think its worth the $75 for highlights. They can tone the color however you want it. I got light caramel brown/dark blond highlights a few months ago & they were perfect for my dark brown hair. Then I got tired of it & dyed over them :P

Highlights can be a pain if your hair grows fast though. They can touch up the roots, but it won't line up perfectly with the previous ones, and if they run it through the whole length again you keep getting blonder & blonder each time. I always think it's worth it to pay because of that; the touch up it will still look better than if you do it yourself.

BTW: if you just highlight the "crown" of the head you'll get the appearance of highlights all over as that is the top of your hair. It will look more natural too as bottom layers don't get exposed to sun as much anyway. My hairdresser charges $60 for that, but she isn't cheap.

Hope that helps :)

Sooo...if I decide to color my hair from a box what should I do? haha..like...i want that light blonde color like in the pic i provided..but do i just go by the color on the box? i read that you need to know what color your hair is..like..cool..warm and all that crap. what would mine be? idk maybe i just need to pick a box and read what it says.

the color is super cute .. but i would advive against box color kits ..

i've been getting my hair professionally highlighted/colored since i was about thirteen, and i tried box color ONCE and it was horrible!

box color chemicals aren't the same as the chemicals they use in salons and may react in a different way.

they are also *usually* more damaging and drying than salon hair color.

when i used the box color, it turned half of my head white, and the other half a brassy gold/orange color. horrible.

i think it's well worth the money.

if the hair color you're looking at is a big change from your regular color you might want to think of maybe getting a closer match to your hair so you wouldn't have to pay so much to get your hair re-done when your roots grow in, which happens quickly much to the dismay of us fellw highlighters. :snooty:

also i've found that if you mix in a couple light/medium browns with the blonde it hides your roots better and you can go a longer time without getting a root touch up!

Box kits are alright, you just need to choose a suitable colour for your natural hair colour (you dont want to end up with orange hair).

Do you know anyone who is a hairdressing student? or maybe a hairdresser that could do it at home for you for a cheaper price?