Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Smokeyjay

Matcha tea better than Green tea?

So I was reading the newspaper, and it said Matcha tea had 200 times more anti-oxidants then Green tea. Matcha tea seems like its basically super-concentrated green tea.

Apparently, its becoming pretty popular here in Vancouver.

I never even heard of Matcha tea. Thoughts?

I might switch. Its more expensive I believe however.

Why drink something more expensive if Green Tea works just fine. (And it does, for me at least).

Green tea also works for me, but if theres a better alternative, then I would be willing to try it out.

Its suppose to be much more concentrated green tea.

The general price seems like its 15-20$ for 30 grams.

"The advantage of drinking matcha tea is that it provides 100% of the health benefits of Japanese green tea because you consume the whole tea leaf, which provides up to 85% higher nutritional values than green tea infusions. A half teaspoon of Matcha in hot water (or other beverage, including soy milk) provides higher levels of antioxidants, including cancer fighting catechins and polyphenols, when compared to green tea infusions where boiling water is poured over tea leaves, and the tea leaves are discarded."

I got that from a website selling tea though. I kept the website out though because I don't want to advertised. They are selling for 25$ for 50 grams. But I think I can get it in the Vancouver area for cheaper.

matcha is wikkked.

I went through a bit of a matcha binge last year, and that was pricey...

keep in mind though that matcha is loaded with caffeine, so if your skin is sensitive to that, steer clear!

Green tea also works for me, but if theres a better alternative, then I would be willing to try it out.

Drink rooibos; it's great! In fact I drink, both but rooibos is great tasting, and it's high in antioxidants and caffeine free.

I've never tried matcha but might give it a go some day. I think I agree with Wynne though. It's not hard getting antioxidants cheaply really.

Matcha is green tea. It's just the leaves ground into a powder. It's just the green tea that they use in traditional Japanese ceremonies, all frothed up.

It's better for you because it's more readily absorbed. That's not to say that green tea as loose leaves isn't great for you, it is.

Matcha is green tea. It's just the leaves ground into a powder. It's just the green tea that they use in traditional Japanese ceremonies, all frothed up.

It's better for you because it's more readily absorbed. That's not to say that green tea as loose leaves isn't great for you, it is.

Yeah I figured that out when I studied up on it. I think down the road I'll buy some.